by Elvis
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 4db3b.html

Joe Buck blasts Kroenke on Twitter

by Jim Thomas

Nationally known sports announcer and St. Louisan, Joe Buck has long been an advocate of St. Louis, and keeping the Rams in St. Louis. And Buck went off on Rams owner Stan Kroenke on his certified Twitter account Tuesday.

"Kroenke not only has the chance to cash in on LA, but punch a great city that at one point he seemed to enjoy," Buck tweeted on Tuesday afternoon. "Esp when Rams were relevant."

And he was just warming up.

"Suck the life out of a team, run it down, raise prices, then say it isn't supported and leave," he continued. "Great example for the NFL to celebrate. JOKE!"

And lastly: "An owner who wore a NEW Rams hat in Oxnard and acts like he's been there promoting the team while with Jerry-what an insult to good fans."

And those were just the highlights. Buck's Twitter account is @Buck.

by OldSchool
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Well lets see Joe how about your facts?

1) Suck the life out of a team and run it down.

How exactly has he sucked the life out of the team? He pays guys who are up for extensions. Unlike a lot of owners he spends to the fullest extent of the salary cap every year. He lets the football people do their jobs and doesn't get in the way. Yeah sounds like you're absolutely wrong on that one. Strike 1

2) Raise prices.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... s-the-same
Gee Mr Buck there's an ESPN article that says ticket prices are staying the same. Strike 2.

3) Say it isn't supported and leave.

Look at the attendance numbers they're readily available. Or better yet take a look in the stands on a Sunday in St Louis.

Strike three you're outta here chump. Take your weak self elsewhere.

by TSFH Fan
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

OldSchool wrote:Well lets see Joe how about your facts?

1) Suck the life out of a team and run it down.

How exactly has he sucked the life out of the team? He pays guys who are up for extensions. Unlike a lot of owners he spends to the fullest extent of the salary cap every year. He lets the football people do their jobs and doesn't get in the way. Yeah sounds like you're absolutely wrong on that one. Strike 1

2) Raise prices.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... s-the-same
Gee Mr Buck there's an ESPN article that says ticket prices are staying the same. Strike 2.

3) Say it isn't supported and leave.

Look at the attendance numbers they're readily available. Or better yet take a look in the stands on a Sunday in St Louis.

Strike three you're outta here chump. Take your weak self elsewhere.

+1

I thought JB was talking about GF there.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

This was expected. He's called out Stan numerous times before. People on social media from STL are celebrating Buck's comments today. Wait what? This is actually a negative for STL. It makes people hate Stan even more. Less tickets sold.

Stan was in Oxnard for a reason. For reactions like this. Keep on alienating the fan base.

Thank you Joe Buck for helping the cause. Lmao.

by TSFH Fan
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

Ok, I'm ready to get flamed for this . . . .
I'm probably the only one around who thought Randy Moss doing the fake moon over Green Bay was funny.
I thought Joe Buck going off on him permanently put JB in the dingleberry category.

Asbestos Jacket, ON!

by Hacksaw
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Buck is EMO. Losing some cred. I get that he was thrilled to have the Los Angeles Rams in his town but it's back to reality time it appears and he doesn't like it. Can't blame him. I was bummed when they left too. but I don't write or tweet on a national stage.

by The Ripper
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

I am sure FOX isn't please with Buck calling out an NFL owner on social media.

• 1 / 5
49 posts Apr 19 2024