44 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by Elvis
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It seems very likely to me but of course none of us really know.

Here's Giants President John Mara talking about several things, including the NFL in L.A.:

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnfl/gian ... -expansion

by Hacksaw
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I have wished for this ever since they left. It just didn't make sense they ever left. The league didn't even want them too.

Spanos thinking he owns part of LA is pissing me off. I get it, but the Chargers organization is attempting to put a block on what 80% of the LA football fans would prefer.
If Carson gets any steam than it could be a problem for Stan getting his votes. If StL ponies up to pays for the entire new stadium, I think Stan would have a major problem again.
No funding in StL or Carson can't get it up fast enough = LA Rams. I have a gut feeling the decision has already been made and they are just going through the motions for legal reasons. What that decision is anybody's guess.

I'm hoping the Los Angeles Rams return to their hometown and play in their own state of the world stadium right here in sunny SoCal.

If not I'm excited that they will finally be getting out of the dreary Ed Jones Dome and going outdoors to a shiny new Stadium on the river there.

GO RAMS

by Elvis
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

At first i thought Spanos would hate the Raiders coming to L.A. more than the Rams. But now that i've thought about it a little, if SD does have any L.A. fans they're mostly in OC and that's where the Rams are strong. The Raiders are strong further north. So maybe he really doesn't want the Rams coming back more than just about anything else.

But i have to think he's playing a very weak hand. And that's just one reason i think Carson is a bluff. He knows his good thing is coming to an end and he needs to make a deal in SD.

That's my take anyway.

Has that land changed hands yet?

by ramsman34
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

What up Hack. Hola Elvis.

Kinda feels like I am cheating on my wife in here. Wait, I'm not married. LOL

i was told in private at a seminar a little over a year and a half ago by the president/CEO of L.A. live/Staples Center that by 2016 LA would have at least one team and the RAMS were the leading candidate. this man knows Stan K. on a personal and professional level so while I took the comment with the usual grain of salt, I also realized if anyone would know, he would. He didn't have to say anything but I asked and he was straightforward, but would not elaborate. Unless like 'Saw said, St. louis really dials in the financing or the Raiders/Chargers can fast-track Carson, I think los Ramos are coming home!

And if Spanos "owned" that much of the LA market, shouldn't he have the jack to build his own stadium in SD?

by Gareth
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I tend to agree with the rest of you. It just feels like the Rams are coming back to LA and the rest of it is just to make everything look like it is done properly.

I'm looking for a temporary return to the collesium in the old blue and whites. How sweet would that be?

by Hacksaw
9 years 1 month ago

ramsman34 wrote:What up Hack. Hola Elvis.

Kinda feels like I am cheating on my wife in here. Wait, I'm not married. LOL

i was told in private at a seminar a little over a year and a half ago by the president/CEO of L.A. live/Staples Center that by 2016 LA would have at least one team and the RAMS were the leading candidate. this man knows Stan K. on a personal and professional level so while I took the comment with the usual grain of salt, I also realized if anyone would know, he would. He didn't have to say anything but I asked and he was straightforward, but would not elaborate. Unless like 'Saw said, St. louis really dials in the financing or the Raiders/Chargers can fast-track Carson, I think los Ramos are coming home!

And if Spanos "owned" that much of the LA market, shouldn't he have the jack to build his own stadium in SD?

ramsman and Gareth, welcome to this new site. Great to see you. Obviously you got the PM. This is going to be where I come if RRF and ROD croak after a Rams return.
Next week on April 22 (my B-day,,, guess what I want for a gift) is a big day. All 3 teams present their plans and Peacock get's to sell StL's. The news (if any since Peacock said he won't go public until returning from NY?) ought to set the tone for the summer. We may even know the results although I can't imagine the league would ever release a presser during open lame-duck season.
The dude at the seminar at LA Live, was he thinking that far back about the scenario that the Rams have today. Was he talking about Stans desires to relocate to LA specifically? Were these possibly through and related more towards negotiations with AEG? If not it is a peek into silent Stans motives.
Thanks for sharing and great to see you over here...

by Hacksaw
9 years 1 month ago

April 16, 2015

Representatives of proposed stadium projects in Carson and Inglewood met with NFL executives Thursday as the competition to return the league to the Los Angeles area continued.

"I've told all the home market participants and the two potential L.A. participants that we're all in the same situation, which is any clarity around one or more of the home markets can change everything for everybody," he said. "It isn't easy to work in an environment where so many balls are in the air, but that's just a fact of the process that we're in."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow ... story.html

by dieterbrock
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

No offense to St Louis but I really hope they go back to LA. Would be disappointed that they arent on natural grass but that stadium concept looks kick azz
Plus, Beerbelly lives close by so I'll have a free place to stay Hahaha

Speaking of which, let me find that chap

by ramsman34
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

The dude at the seminar at LA Live, was he thinking that far back about the scenario that the Rams have today. Was he talking about Stans desires to relocate to LA specifically? Were these possibly through and related more towards negotiations with AEG? If not it is a peek into silent Stans motives.
Thanks for sharing and great to see you over here...

He is obviously very "in" with AEG and probably was thinking they/Farmer's Field would be the deal maker. But, I got the distinct impression he knew this was Stan's intention quite a while ago. Because this guy is big in venue operations he would have inside poop that most others would not know. He wouldn't give any more details other than the NFL is coming and he said he believed it would be the RAMS.

by Hacksaw
9 years 3 weeks ago

Interesting developments today. Kroenke pitches the Inglewood project for an hour. Pays attention attending StL's pitch.
He is alive and kicking and clearly wants out of StL.
If Peacock and Demoff don't announce plans to remain the StL Rams tomorrow then we are on hold again until the full owners meetings in April. My guess is that today some minds got made up.
Interesting that Kroenke and the NFL were the only 2 parties that declined comment. hmmmm

• 1 / 5
44 posts May 18 2024