• 1 / 2
 by Elvis
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://ramblinfan.com/2016/02/08/los-a ... -comeback/

Los Angeles Rams' Stedman Bailey Making NFL Comeback

It wasn’t that long ago that Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey was fighting for his life in a hospital. Two days before Thanksgiving, Bailey was shot in the head not once, but twice, and somehow lived to tell the tale.

Since the incident, doctors have told Bailey that they dont think he’ll be able to return to the NFL and after learning the details, head coach Jeff Fisher didnt find it to be likely. However, Bailey is hoping to prove all his doubters wrong. He calls it “Steddy Ambition”.

In the following video, Bailey, for really the first time, talks about the incident and everything that he’s doing to get back. He discusses his relationship with his three year old son, the seven hours surgery that he had to go through, and then what he’s had to do to get back to full strength since then.

The concern with Bailey making a comeback is the fact that it is such a physical sport and the problem that the NFL has with concussions already. Head injuries are serious in the NFL and the possibility that a player gets CTS after retiring is very possible. This is one concern, Bailey says, that doctors have.

Since joining the Rams, Bailey has 59 receptions for 843 yards and two touchdowns. Bailey had big catches last season in wins against the Seahawks and Cardinals before being placed on IR. He was drafted in the 3rd round, 92nd overall by the Rams in 2013 along with teammate and friend Tavon Austin.

I’m sure I speak for all Rams fans and Rams Nation when I say that we wish Stedman Bailey the best of luck in his return and hope to see him in a Rams uniform and back on the field very soon! Give the video below a watch to see Bailey and his “Steddy Ambition”.

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Such a crappy deal for the guy. Probably to dangerous for him to play full contact, but it looks like he is determined. Hope he can get his dream unless he carries any additional risk now.

by Stranger
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Not only will he come back, he'll play in a SuperBowl :)

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I don't know Stranger. The NFL policy for head injuries might make it difficult. You can see he is still swollen from the trauma. He might want to but I'm not so sure he doesn't get a memo asking him to refrain.

by HAL 9000
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

Stranger wrote:Not only will he come back, he'll play in a SuperBowl :)

It would have to be nothing short of a miracle for Bailey to play one down in the NFL again. That said, what would make for a better Cinderella story? Bailey coming back and playing in a SB or Warner's Grocery bag to riches?

by Stranger
8 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

HAL 9000 wrote:
Stranger wrote:Not only will he come back, he'll play in a SuperBowl :)

It would have to be nothing short of a miracle for Bailey to play one down in the NFL again. That said, what would make for a better Cinderella story? Bailey coming back and playing in a SB or Warner's Grocery bag to riches?

The NFL PR machine loves great stories.

So, in 2020 Stedman Bailey plays in the SB for the Rams, which is being held in Inglewood. How great of a story is that? SB playing in the SB :)

by Elvis
8 years 1 month ago
Administrator

This Bailey story is pretty crazy. Both he and his cousin were shot multiple times and both are doing remarkably well, considering.

I haven't heard anyone come out and say, but it sounds like neither bullet went into Bailey's brain. He talks about the bone being crushed and how it was like the worst concussion possible. That sounds like the bullet hitting his head but not penetrating his skull.

It's good to be hard headed...

by Elvis
8 years 2 weeks ago
Administrator

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/08/rams-sted ... ead-video/

RAMS' STEDMAN BAILEY HARDCORE WORKOUT Months After Getting Shot In The Head

BACK AT ITTMZSports.com

L.A. Rams WR Stedman Bailey is back in NFL training mode -- busting his ass in a Miami gym in the hopes of returning to the league despite being shot in the head ... and TMZ Sports has the video.

Bailey was struck by two bullets on November 24th ... leaving him in critical condition at a Miami hospital ... where he remained for a month.
S.B. vowed to make a gridiron comeback ... despite the odds being so incredibly stacked against him.

Now, we've learned the former 3rd round pick has been hitting the weights hard at the Xtreme Fitness gym in Miami ... and according to the owner Gary Sanchez, he's making tremendous progress.

"He's been training with me for 2 and a half months," Sanchez says ... who's been working with Bailey on weight training, balancing, hand-eye coordination and explosion movement drills.

"My biggest fear was, 'Is he mentally going to be ready and has he lost any type of functions?' But he didn’t. He was ready to go the minute he walked in the gym."

As far as his NFL future goes ... Bailey's trainer says, "He is physically and mentally ready, definitely ready to go right now."
Stay tuned ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/08/rams-sted ... z42LAZF1oo

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:If he comes back, does he have to complete his suspension?

No, according to Wikipedia (not a great source, but for something like that, it's probably right), he was reinstated on Dec. 7th. Anyways, even if he somehow made it back to the NFL, I'm sure he won't get much, if any playing time when he first comes back.

At the time of the shooting, Bailey was serving a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy on November 9, 2015, and was reinstated on December 7.[4][5]

• 1 / 2
15 posts Mar 29 2024