32 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by RAMMAN76
2 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

PARAM wrote:Well this certainly was a meat and potato draft!!! Defense with 5 of the first 6 picks, with the one offensive pick being a very good RB. We know McVay could only watch that so long and after taking care of one more item of business (PK), he went offense/offense. I'd bet the final pick could be a QB (Pratt? Hartman?) or another offensive player (TE? Trey Knox?).

Or a fullback. :D

by Elvis
2 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams really drafting older players, many who were captains, average age is probably like 24. That's good and bad, lot of experience, leadership, guys ready to contribute sooner rather than later but also probably not a ton of room to grow, not as much upside potential.

And a guy like Corum, as old as he is, with as many miles on him, the shelf life of RBs, well we'll see.

Potentially very good in the short run...

by 69RamFan
2 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Rams really drafting older players, many who were captains, average age is probably like 24. That's good and bad, lot of experience, leadership, guys ready to contribute sooner rather than later but also probably not a ton of room to grow, not as much upside potential.

And a guy like Corum, as old as he is, with as many miles on him, the shelf life of RBs, well we'll see.

Potentially very good in the short run...

I feel the RAMs are now looking at,

a three-year future window second contract scenarios,

Just look at the contracts they've handed out these past three years.

Matthew Stafford is the only one getting a four year contract since 2021,

everyone else, max are three year contracts.

So, taking older players from college,

If they turn out to be great,

then they get a three year contract coming off of their rookie contract.

that still puts them in their prime years.

by Dare
2 weeks 22 hours ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Brennan, Davis, Whittington and Limmer are all about improving the depth. Karty is a breath of fresh air! Finally a real kicker! Over 90% success the last two years and 4 of 7 beyond 50 yards.

Brennan gives them additional depth to go with Hampton at Edge. Davis, replaces Brown and Murchison at DT, Whittington will replace Skowronek as well as Atwell as he can block and run jet sweeps as he also played as a RB. Limmer gives them an upgrade at backup center over McAllister though he needs a year of strengthening and technique work to become more consistent.

This has been a very focused draft addressing a lot of things. It will be interesting who they take in the 7th but so far I really like this draft.

by RAMMAN76
2 weeks 21 hours ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

Instant analysis: Why Jordan Whittington could be the steal of the draft for the Rams

Brock Vierra
April 27, 2024 3:23 pm PT

Despite all the hype behind Xavier Worthy and AD Mitchell entering the NFL draft, it is without a doubt that the most consistent pass catcher for the Texas Longhorns over Steve Sarkisian’s tenure has been Jordan Whittington.

At No. 213 overall in the sixth round, the Rams selected Whittington, and it could be the steal of the draft for them.

Whittington, a 6-foot-1 wide receiver from Cuero, Texas is no stranger to adversity. During his five years at Texas, he played for two different head coaches, and while opportunities were sparse due to the immense talent surrounding him including seven offensive skill players being selected in the past two drafts, Whittington has consistently answered when called upon.

Whittington doesn’t have off-the-charts athletic talent, causing him to slide in the draft but he possesses something better. A near Rhodes scholar-level football IQ. Whittington throughout his entire career has put together film of him finding pockets in coverages, cutting routes short, and creating separation based on pre-snap reads that has allowed him to be such a consistent player.

Whittington also has sure hands and the awareness to reroute himself when the pocket collapses on his quarterback. He is a QB’s best friend and despite getting thrown the ball by Casey Thompson, Hudson Card, Quinn Ewers and Malik Murphy, his numbers though not mindblowing, have remained steady.

This is the exact type of receiver that thrives in a Sean McVay offense and with Cooper Kupp getting older, there’s a high possibility that Whittington could see the field early and often. I’m not saying he’s going to put up Puka Nacua numbers but the man has the ability to mess around and have a 1000-yard season.

I’m calling my shot. Jordan Whittington is the steal of the draft.

by BrooklynRam74
2 weeks 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   199  
Rookie

RAMMAN76 wrote:Instant analysis: Why Jordan Whittington could be the steal of the draft for the Rams

Brock Vierra
April 27, 2024 3:23 pm PT

Despite all the hype behind Xavier Worthy and AD Mitchell entering the NFL draft, it is without a doubt that the most consistent pass catcher for the Texas Longhorns over Steve Sarkisian’s tenure has been Jordan Whittington.

At No. 213 overall in the sixth round, the Rams selected Whittington, and it could be the steal of the draft for them.

Whittington, a 6-foot-1 wide receiver from Cuero, Texas is no stranger to adversity. During his five years at Texas, he played for two different head coaches, and while opportunities were sparse due to the immense talent surrounding him including seven offensive skill players being selected in the past two drafts, Whittington has consistently answered when called upon.

Whittington doesn’t have off-the-charts athletic talent, causing him to slide in the draft but he possesses something better. A near Rhodes scholar-level football IQ. Whittington throughout his entire career has put together film of him finding pockets in coverages, cutting routes short, and creating separation based on pre-snap reads that has allowed him to be such a consistent player.

Whittington also has sure hands and the awareness to reroute himself when the pocket collapses on his quarterback. He is a QB’s best friend and despite getting thrown the ball by Casey Thompson, Hudson Card, Quinn Ewers and Malik Murphy, his numbers though not mindblowing, have remained steady.

This is the exact type of receiver that thrives in a Sean McVay offense and with Cooper Kupp getting older, there’s a high possibility that Whittington could see the field early and often. I’m not saying he’s going to put up Puka Nacua numbers but the man has the ability to mess around and have a 1000-yard season.

I’m calling my shot. Jordan Whittington is the steal of the draft.

I do get a Robert Woods vibe from him.

by Lancer
2 weeks 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   179  
Rookie

Elvis wrote:Rams really drafting older players, many who were captains, average age is probably like 24. That's good and bad, lot of experience, leadership, guys ready to contribute sooner rather than later but also probably not a ton of room to grow, not as much upside potential.

A lot of assessments on our picks mention repeatedly: high football IQ, awareness, ability to diagnose plays quickly, high motivation (until the whistle blows), initial burst/first step off the line, etc.

Which isn't to say these weren't looked for by them in the past, but I've noticed a lot of language this year revolving around these particular constellations/types of players.

• 2 / 4
32 posts May 12 2024