16 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Dare
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

OH YEAH!

I got out of the habit of watching the first day of the draft. Not this year! I'm watching it until the Rams do whatever they are going to do. I simply don't expect them to stand pat at 19. With their roster the way it is, I don't think they will trade back.

Their needs are targeted with a few that can really benefit from a day one player. This day has been planned for years. I don't think it's by coincidence that they have structured key contracts the way they have.

I honestly don't think they will target a first round edge. They might but Young and Turner have proved they can get that kind of talent in the second and third rounds. The same goes for LT. I think they move up if they can find a trade partner.

IMO the only position worthy of moving up is QB. I honestly think they are targeting Penix and Nix. If they go earlier than some think I expect the Rams to trade back and take a QB in the second round.

JJ McCarthy is a wildcard. He's got talent but he can be inconsistent in aspects of his game. He definitely would benefit from a redshirt year. Because of the offense he played in at Michigan it's hard to say how he will translate to the NFL's complex defenses. That IMO is the biggest question mark surrounding McCarthy. If the Chargers don't take him at #5 I think he drops somewhat, i.e. lower in the top 10. I doubt he drops to 19.

If the Chargers take a QB at 5, it will mean Herbert will be traded. If that happens I see the Rams making a huge effort to make a splash and insure their QB1 position with another gunslinger QB for years to come.

Regardless I simply don't see the Rams standing pat at 19. I see them trading up or down depending upon how the draft unfolds.

by snackdaddy
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I have no idea what they will do. Knowing their history a trade down would not be surprising. Or a trade up. Or trade for a proven player. Or stand pat. Pick an edge. Or a DT. Or an OT. Or WR. One thing I'm pretty sure of they won't pick a kicker. Everything else is on the table.

by Youngblood22
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   27  
Undrafted Free Agent

I don't think Herbert is leaving the chargers, if the rams move up its for a WR or Bowers. I think they go for D line, get a WR in the second round. Maybe pick up a QB like Pratt with a move up with their 3rd round picks.

by ramsman34
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Unless Stafford is retiring, they are not going QB in Rd 1. Not gonna happen. They want to win NOW.

by BobCarl
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4322  
Superstar

Dare wrote:I simply don't expect them to stand pat at 19. With their roster the way it is, I don't think they will trade back. .

I doubt that the Rams have made a decision to stand, move up, or down.... Most likely they have multiple "if then else" scenarios based on certain players still on the board as well as last minute desperate trade offers from other teams

by Dare
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   96  
Practice Squad

Maybe they won't. But word is that the Athletic is saying the Rams are trying to trade up into the top 10. IMO QB or Edge are the only positions that make sense for them to do that.

by RAMMAN76
2 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

Dare wrote:OH YEAH!

I got out of the habit of watching the first day of the draft. Not this year! I'm watching it until the Rams do whatever they are going to do. I simply don't expect them to stand pat at 19. With their roster the way it is, I don't think they will trade back.

Their needs are targeted with a few that can really benefit from a day one player. This day has been planned for years. I don't think it's by coincidence that they have structured key contracts the way they have.

I honestly don't think they will target a first round edge. They might but Young and Turner have proved they can get that kind of talent in the second and third rounds. The same goes for LT. I think they move up if they can find a trade partner.

IMO the only position worthy of moving up is QB. I honestly think they are targeting Penix and Nix. If they go earlier than some think I expect the Rams to trade back and take a QB in the second round.

JJ McCarthy is a wildcard. He's got talent but he can be inconsistent in aspects of his game. He definitely would benefit from a redshirt year. Because of the offense he played in at Michigan it's hard to say how he will translate to the NFL's complex defenses. That IMO is the biggest question mark surrounding McCarthy. If the Chargers don't take him at #5 I think he drops somewhat, i.e. lower in the top 10. I doubt he drops to 19.

If the Chargers take a QB at 5, it will mean Herbert will be traded. If that happens I see the Rams making a huge effort to make a splash and insure their QB1 position with another gunslinger QB for years to come.

Regardless I simply don't see the Rams standing pat at 19. I see them trading up or down depending upon how the draft unfolds.

Kicker!!!!! :D

• 1 / 2
16 posts May 12 2024