13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by BrooklynRam74
3 weeks 20 hours ago
 Total posts:   199  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Was the QB for those Great underrated George Allen-led Ram teams 1966-70. Rams got screwed TWICE during this period under the NFL's archaic system of determining Home Field. Rams had to travel to cold Green Bay in '67 Playoffs despite having better record. And were forced on the road in Minnesota in '69 as well despite having an 11-0! record before calling the dogs off due to ridiculous home field rules. This great Ram team could have very well been screwed out of winning one of the early Super Bowls and might have changed the trajectory of our Franchise.

Roman was sort of the "West Coast" Joe Namath. The 1969 MVP of the LEAGUE. 2nd overall pick in 1962 Draft. Great player who got somewhat cheated out of Postseason success.

by Flash
3 weeks 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

My favorite Al-time favorite! RIP 18!

by Haden
3 weeks 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   2139  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP, you will be missed. Thanks for the memories. I became a fan because of Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, and Jack Youngblood.

by Youngblood22
3 weeks 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   27  
Undrafted Free Agent

My first rams hero, rest in peace

by rams74
2 weeks 6 days ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

As a kid, I had two posters on my bedroom wall, one of Roman Gabriel and one of Merlin Olsen. Gabe was my favorite player, my first and best Rams' hero.

Roman Gabriel is the number one reason I ever became a Rams' fan at all.

A sad day. Rest in peace.

by snackdaddy
2 weeks 5 days ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Roman Gabriel was my first Rams hero as a kid. He was the one who jump started my Rams fandom. RIP Roman Gabriel. You will always be fondly remembered as one of the all time greats.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 weeks 5 days ago
 Total posts:   2092  
Pro Bowl

Regretfully, I Never got to see him play even though I knew who he was when I was a kid. The first time I saw him on Tv was in a John Wayne movie. First year i ever got to see a Rams game on TV was in 1973!

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2092  
Pro Bowl

There was a former Rams linebacker, Roman Phifer (sp) who was named after Roman Gabriel.

by Elvis
2 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:There was a former Rams linebacker, Roman Phifer (sp) who was named after Roman Gabriel.

Isn't he the one who left the Rams after '98 because he wanted to play for a winner?

• 1 / 2
13 posts May 12 2024