47 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dare wrote:There is absolutely no doubt the Rams are going all in to get another Lombardi this year. With White and Williams at CB, Lake and Curl as their starting safeties this is a very good secondary. This tells me they want another ring for Stafford and Kupp and I'm even more sure now that this could be the last season for both. Notice the length of the contracts for Curl and White.

With Jimmy G as a possible bridge QB if the QB they take needs an extra season to develop. It's all lining up in that direction. This draft will be to grab the followon CBs, WRs and QB IMO.

Oh yeah this is looking more and more like a 12-5 SB contender this year. Stout OL, solid starting WRs, CBs and safeties. The Rams are serving notice that they are back in a big way.

My opinions:

Lake is not playing safety. He’s playing the Star. Yeast will likely play opposite Curl unless they re sign JJ. He will be in a safety role at times. But he is a move player. Rams often use 3 “safeties” and 3 corners in heavy dime.

Jimmy G is break glass in case of emergency for this season only. They could draft a QB. Rattler would be my choice. But a lot has happen at edge and DT somehow, from somewhere for them to draft a QB. And Bennett will have something to say about it come training camp.

I don’t think TD White will be ready for the start of the season. Achilles tear Oct 1. 2023. He is 6 months into rehab as of 4/1/24. It will be 8 months start of training camp. Weird signing.

So yes, they are “all in” but don’t have all the pieces yet.

Note : Elvis. I accidentally edited your post inserting this. Then fixed it.

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsman34 wrote:Note : Elvis. I accidentally edited your post inserting this. Then fixed it.

Ha, hope you made my post smarter.

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

If you read what White's agents are telling Schefter and what Jourdan had to say earlier, doesn't sound like it's clear when White will be able to play at a high level and his contract no doubt reflects that...

by snackdaddy
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Considering he only played ten games total the past couple years I would hope the contract is laden with playing time incentives. White is a good addition when healthy. But I really hate that caveat. When healthy. Too many times health is a problem. They still need to address the position in the draft.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago

Elvis wrote:Ha, hope you made my post smarter.

Yep. As soon as I erased my text. Lol

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago

snackdaddy wrote:Considering he only played ten games total the past couple years I would hope the contract is laden with playing time incentives. White is a good addition when healthy. But I really hate that caveat. When healthy. Too many times health is a problem. They still need to address the position in the draft.

I agree they still need to add corners. Draft? Probably. I would sign Witherspoon closer to training camp if he is still available. I don’t think he will be.

His contract is still very high for a player coming off 2 major injuries and limited games played over the past few seasons. Moderate risk/high reward?? I guess Reggie and the med staff are very comfortable with his health, rehab, and forecasting of his ability to return to performance sooner rather than later. He’s on a 1 year deal but likely won’t play a full season as he won’t be ready at the start of it. This is still a head scratcher for me.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago

One other thing; with the front 7 so young, I’d want as much experience in the back half/coverage as possible. Rookie corners scare me. Sure there are this guys who come in and are lights out, but they are typically drafted high in the first. Not sure one of those types falls to 19. And man we need quality bodies at edge and the DL. I think they are comfortable everywhere on O. So unless a stud WR drops, they surely take a defender at 19. If they stay at 19. I think they will either trade back to get more picks in the top 100-125. Or they target someone they have to have and trade up. The former seems more likely.

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:I agree they still need to add corners. Draft? Probably. I would sign Witherspoon closer to training camp if he is still available. I don’t think he will be.

His contract is still very high for a player coming off 2 major injuries and limited games played over the past few seasons. Moderate risk/high reward?? I guess Reggie and the med staff are very comfortable with his health, rehab, and forecasting of his ability to return to performance sooner rather than later. He’s on a 1 year deal but likely won’t play a full season as he won’t be ready at the start of it. This is still a head scratcher for me.

The fact the Rams doctor Neal Elattrache did the surgery, should give the Rams the insight they need make this decision. I am hoping he will be ready By October 1

by Dare
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

As we saw with Akers, the recovery time for White will be dependent upon the severity of the injury.

Typically an Achilles tear injury time line for a young athlete is about 7-8 months. White suffered his injury at the end of September. He should be fine to start this season. I'd be surprised if he didn't participate in TC.

Lake played SCB because he was all they had last year. Shelley was injured and Tomlinson too raw. Kendricks was playing outside but he lacks the speed to play outside or SCB. I think in their base Lake and Curl will be their starting safeties.

When they play nickel they could move Williams to SCB where he played originally as a Ram and play Durant at boundary CB. IMO that would make more sense. They are probably going to take a CB with one of their first 4 picks so he would likely be in the mix as well. Tomlinson lacks the length to play boundary so I wouldn't be surprised to see him being coached up to play SCB.

• 3 / 5
47 posts May 12 2024