47 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I would be very surprised. I think making the Hall of Fame is important to Stafford. Right now he's on the fringe. He could make it but probably years later. If he sticks around long enough to finish his contract it would certainly move him up from fringe to likely.

I don't think you are giving him enough credit.

He's #11 all time in pass attempts. If he throws 471 passes this season, he's in the top 10.
He's #11 all time in TD passes. If he has 25 this season, he's #9.
He's #11 all time in passing yards. If he has 977 this season, he's #10.
He's won a SB.
The only awards that have avoided him are MVP and OPOY.

He's a sure HOFer right now.

Having said that, if he plays 3 years (2024-26), he has a very good chance to be top 5 in attempts, top 5 in yards and #6 in TDs but I don't think that's his reason for playing longer. He wants another SB. That will only help the cause without those numbers, which are enough on their own right now.

by snackdaddy
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I don't think you are giving him enough credit.

He's #11 all time in pass attempts. If he throws 471 passes this season, he's in the top 10.
He's #11 all time in TD passes. If he has 25 this season, he's #9.
He's #11 all time in passing yards. If he has 977 this season, he's #10.
He's won a SB.
The only awards that have avoided him are MVP and OPOY.

He's a sure HOFer right now.

Having said that, if he plays 3 years (2024-26), he has a very good chance to be top 5 in attempts, top 5 in yards and #6 in TDs but I don't think that's his reason for playing longer. He wants another SB. That will only help the cause without those numbers, which are enough on their own right now.

I think he makes it some point. But how many years would it take? We think he's deserving but the rest of the sports world isn't so sure. Play 3 more years. Move up the career stats charts. And win another championship. That would cement it.

A Superbowl MVP probably puts him in first ballot category for Hall of Fame. If he retired after this season and didn't win a championship, chances are when the list comes up every year he'll be a finalist but it will take a few years to be picked. Play 3 more years and its possible he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

So, hoping the “taking a QB in the draft” talk with Stafford’s remaining years in the league - one has to take his comments about wanting a gold jacket seriously. Hence, I don’t think we take a QB unless it’s after the 4th round. If a QB is taken high, it tells me Staff has informed the team he’s retiring soon, likely after this season.

I don’t see him retiring unless and until he gets another ring or his contract expires.

by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I think he makes it some point. But how many years would it take? We think he's deserving but the rest of the sports world isn't so sure. Play 3 more years. Move up the career stats charts. And win another championship. That would cement it.

A Superbowl MVP probably puts him in first ballot category for Hall of Fame. If he retired after this season and didn't win a championship, chances are when the list comes up every year he'll be a finalist but it will take a few years to be picked. Play 3 more years and its possible he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

I think he's a first ballot HOFer.....but I'm a Ram fan.

So let's look at it without the rosy glasses.

There have been 26 QBs taken #1 overall from 1970 to 2023 (54 yrs). 7 have won a SB.

2 have more pass attempts than Stafford (Eli and Peyton)
2 have more pass completions (Eli and Peyton)
2 have more passing yards (Eli and Peyton)
2 have more TDs (Eli and Peyton)
And this year, that number will become 1 (Peyton).

Not Aikman, Elway, Plunkett or Bradshaw (soon to be joined by Eli). Stafford is the only one to not win multiple SBs.

Eli - 2
Peyton - 2
Aikman - 3
Elway - 2
Plunkett - 2
Bradshaw - 4

He was one of those rare #1 picks to come in and do everything you expect from a #1 QB.

by /zn/
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I looked at over.the.cap.com and they list the Ram cap space at 14.3 M, but they don't list White's contract yet, which is reportedly 8.5 M.

They have to pay the draft picks and then have a cushion for the season. We'll see how they get that cushion. But, the way it looks now, don't expect any more signings.

BTW they're now only 12+ M under the cap in 2025.

by 69RamFan
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I think he's a first ballot HOFer.....but I'm a Ram fan.

So let's look at it without the rosy glasses.

There have been 26 QBs taken #1 overall from 1970 to 2023 (54 yrs). 7 have won a SB.

2 have more pass attempts than Stafford (Eli and Peyton)
2 have more pass completions (Eli and Peyton)
2 have more passing yards (Eli and Peyton)
2 have more TDs (Eli and Peyton)
And this year, that number will become 1 (Peyton).

Not Aikman, Elway, Plunkett or Bradshaw (soon to be joined by Eli). Stafford is the only one to not win multiple SBs.

Eli - 2
Peyton - 2
Aikman - 3
Elway - 2
Plunkett - 2
Bradshaw - 4

He was one of those rare #1 picks to come in and do everything you expect from a #1 QB.

I feel he is a first ballet HOFer too,
But my feelings are,
he wants to win one or two more SB.
I think he is feeling that he wants to have those sport writers having no doubt,
when they vote.

He has only two pro bowls and it should be three,
He got snubbed in my opinion for season 2021,
they took Murray over Stafford. (look up their stats, and it doesn't come close)

Then I feel they could of gave him the MVP for the SB,
He led the team with a comeback winning drive TD.
He had 3 TDs, and 2 INTs, but one definitely was not his fault,
Skowronek drop the pass for an INT.

Then the throw to Jefferson,
the man who was covering him,
Jefferson didn't even try to stop the INT.

If it wasn't for Stafford in the last drive,
Especially the no look pass.
we wouldn't have won that game.

For some reason,
I feel the sports writers have something against Stafford.

But I feel, Stafford is going to have an outstanding year in 2024,
Especially with the new upgraded in the middle OL we now have.

And Noteboom being the backup swing tackle and guard positions.
I can even see Jonah Jackson being a backup Center too just in case.
I hope during OTA and training camp, they play J. Jackson at Center too,
While Noteboom comes in at LG to get playing time.
We will have 6 good O-linemen again this upcoming season.

by Elvis
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

/zn/ wrote:I looked at over.the.cap.com and they list the Ram cap space at 14.3 M, but they don't list White's contract yet, which is reportedly 8.5 M.

They have to pay the draft picks and then have a cushion for the season. We'll see how they get that cushion. But, the way it looks now, don't expect any more signings.

BTW they're now only 12+ M under the cap in 2025.

That 8.5 probably comes with a lot of incentives so it will be interesting to see what his cap number is gonna be. I'm expecting more like 5 mil, or even less, but that's really just a guess...

• 5 / 5
47 posts May 12 2024