72 posts
  • 1 / 8
 by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12257  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Here's my guess. Trades would certainly alter things....

Chicago - C. Williams, QB
Washington - D. Maye, QB
N.England - J. Daniels, QB
Arizona - Harrison, Jr WR
LAC - Odunze, WR
NYG - Nabers, WR
Ten - Alt, LT
Atlanta - Latu, Edge
Chicago - Fashanu, LT
NYJ - Latham, LT
Minn - Mims, LT
Denver - McCarthy, QB
Las Vegas - DeJean, CB
N.Orleans - Turner, Edge
Indy - Arnold, CB
Seattle - Verse, Edge
Jax - Thomas, WR
Cincinnati - Bowers, TE

RAMS ????

Who do the Rams take?

DT, Murphy? Newton? Sweat?
CB, Mitchell? Wiggins? McKinstry?
OL, JPJ? Fautanu? Guyton?
Edge/DE, Chop Robinson? Darius Robinson?

Do the Rams trade down?

by ramman2999
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   570  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I think Murphy is the guy.

by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

I'd take Murphy in the first and Adisa Isaac in the second. Combined with Turner and Young, QB pressures and good run defense.

by BobCarl
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4309  
Superstar

C Jackson Powers -Johnson.... If he is still on the board

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2180  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:If Verse or Latu are rated high by the Rams, trade up and get one of them.

This would be my hope as well. I would throw in Dallas Turner as well. Have your best scouts decide which is the best and go get him.

by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:If Verse or Latu are rated high by the Rams, trade up and get one of them.

Pass rush doesn't only come from the edge as AD showed us for a decade. I want Murphy. DT who gets sacks and makes plays in the backfield. He and Kobie should wreak plenty of interior havok collapsing the pocket from inside. Get Adisa Isaac at #52. Then we'll have DT and Edge accounted for. Or if we want to go CB at #52 (or some other position) Jonah Elliss should be around later. I seriously believe ADs retirement doesn't make edge MORE important, it screams for a pressure DT. Of course still take an edge after getting the DT.

by Indrid Cold
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   864  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

BobCarl wrote:C Jackson Powers -Johnson.... If he is still on the board

That would have him or Aliva riding the pine.

I've wanted to go CB all along. At 19, we may well get the 2nd or 3rd best CB...and there's at least 5 that could start and have impact right away. As opposed to Edge or OT (would be the 4th T now), where rookies don't have as much immediate impact. Pair a rookie stud CB with Williams, Curl, Lake/Yeast and secondary is suddenly one of the better units on the team.

by BobCarl
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4309  
Superstar

Indrid Cold wrote:That would have him or Aliva riding the pine.

I've wanted to go CB all along. At 19, we may well get the 2nd or 3rd best CB...and there's at least 5 that could start and have impact right away.

I've always love your draft insight. Never, ever, wrong to go for a CB. So I'll take a step back and reevaluate my #19 suggestion.

However I loved Avila at LG ... his ability to go out wide and flip pancakes on defenders with screen plays as well as on run plays slipping through the opposing d-line an decimating LB's in the Run game.

I'd be totally thrilled with a solid center and Avila playing at LG. But I won't cry if the Rams take a CB instead.

Any chance one of those top 5 CB's will be available at #52 overall?

by snackdaddy
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9667  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Murphy my first choice. Newton my second. Chances are both will be there at 19. As far as some of the top edge rushers, I'm seeing more mocks lately that have guys like Latu, Verse and Chop Robinson not going in the first 20 picks. Robinson won't be among the first 3 taken but his skills are intriguing. He has a very explosive first move around the edge. That said I think a guy like Murphy fits the bigger need.

• 1 / 8
72 posts Apr 28 2024