72 posts
  • 5 / 8
 by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

:idea2:
AltiTude Ram wrote:Its up in the air on which way the Rams go. I don't think any of us here has the access or knowledge that the Rams have inside their building.

I like Murphy and would be happy with that pick. My gut tells me that the Rams go with one of the 3 top Edge players.

I personally prefer Latu. I'm a Bruins fan and my bias has me thinking he's going to be great.

In the end I trust their scouts and coaches to pick the best player on the board.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a CB or OL. I just think it's gonna be one of the three Edge players. JMO

I think it’s Murphy or Latu. Powers, a corner, and Verse probably in that “pod”

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I was mostly just trying to make ass puns but gotta think Murphy is in the mix. And of course trading back probably is too...

by PARAM
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I was mostly just trying to make ass puns but gotta think Murphy is in the mix. And of course trading back probably is too...

I'm hoping for Murphy because if he can be half as good as AD....and that sounds easier than it really is.....we will have a good DL.

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:I'm hoping for Murphy because if he can be half as good as AD....and that sounds easier than it really is.....we will have a good DL.

Saw one mock has Rams trading back with KC and then taking DT Jer'Zhan Newton at 32.

I don't know if this, or anything really, figures but Rams don't draft a lot of underclassmen...

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

AltiTude Ram wrote:Its up in the air on which way the Rams go. I don't think any of us here has the access or knowledge that the Rams have inside their building.

I like Murphy and would be happy with that pick. My gut tells me that the Rams go with one of the 3 top Edge players.

I personally prefer Latu. I'm a Bruins fan and my bias has me thinking he's going to be great.

In the end I trust their scouts and coaches to pick the best player on the board.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a CB or OL. I just think it's gonna be one of the three Edge players. JMO

Agreed the current Rams draft team has proven it will find good players all over the draft.
I love to get Edge but with AD gone, Murphy is very intriguing. Him and Turner on that line for years sounds amazing. I love Latu's game but the injury/retirement concern is huge.

Rams have been checking on WR's got to believe they are going to get one sooner than later in a talented WR draft.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago

Elvis wrote:Saw one mock has Rams trading back with KC and then taking DT Jer'Zhan Newton at 32.

I don't know if this, or anything really, figures but Rams don't draft a lot of underclassmen...

I saw that too. Hated it. That player is ok. But the rest were just dumb picks.

by snackdaddy
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

If they trade back they better have a solid plan B in case the guy they target gets picked ahead of them. Its possible someone like Robinson, Verse, Murphy, Newton will make to the mid/late 20's.

A trade back could be possible if someone really covets a guy at 19 and is willing to give up a late day 2 pick for a swap. They could still get a solid DT or edge. And an extra top 100 pick.

We'll have to see how things play out on draft day. Most fans are waiting to see who their team picks in the first. With our team's history we're waiting to see if there is a trade down.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago

And waiting to see who they pick rds 3-7. lol. That’s where they make their bones lately.

by /zn/
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

McVay on DT as a "need":

from Rodrigue: https://theathletic.com/5370135/2024/03 ... etirement/

"There’s different ways to apply pressure. It might be through (a) four-man rush. It might be through simulated pressure. Bringing five (rushers). Those are the things that we are in the midst of really figuring out. I think I’ll have better clarity once we get through the draft. You don’t want to just say, ‘OK, we lost Aaron Donald. So now, we’ve got to go address this position.’ You want to be able to still continue to find the right kinds of people that can influence and affect positive change for us in the rush, whether that’s from the edge, from the interior. … There’s a bunch of quality players in this draft. Exactly who we come away with and how many we come away with that can do that is something we’re still working through."

I see McVay as saying you have to think of the whole front 7, you don't just draft a DT because you lost a DT. So it becomes a matter of who's there when they pick, and which one of the guys who are there is the best for the Rams? Could be an edge/LB, a DE, or a DT.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago

/zn/ wrote:McVay on DT as a "need":

I see McVay as saying you have to think of the whole front 7, you don't just draft a DT because you lost a DT. So it becomes a matter of who's there when they pick, and which one of the guys who are there is the best for the Rams? Could be an edge/LB, a DE, or a DT.

While it’s probably true you don’t draft a guy bc you lost THE guy, they simply have to address the position bc they don’t have enough bodies on the roster. Doesn’t necessarily mean via the draft, but they gotta get em from somewhere.

It’s gonna be a crazy draft. I’d like to see them get Latu and then find a way to get one of the top DL who has position flex along the front. That would be perfect. They are gonna picks some guys that will have us scrambling to get deep info on for sure.

• 5 / 8
72 posts May 12 2024