89 posts
  • 9 / 9
 by actionjack
1 month 6 days ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Listened to half of the AD interview so far from his wife.

Although Fisher was part of drafting him, Fisher almost cost the Rams AD. After 2016 season he was ready to leave, only Fisher getting fired and McVay coming in saved the Rams from losing him.

Fisher was such as asshat. Like what Les mentioned when watching AD at the combine and his shuttle results were as good as the DB's. Les noted this to Fisher and he says 'what you want to play him in the secondary"...

by Elvis
1 month 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38589  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's still shocking and sad to think he's gone, a little frightening too.

And yeah it is amazing, as much as Fisher had become a dinosaur when it came to NFL offense, apparently AD was looking to get out of Dodge until McVay came around...

by actionjack
1 month 6 days ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:It's still shocking and sad to think he's gone, a little frightening too.

And yeah it is amazing, as much as Fisher had become a dinosaur when it came to NFL offense, apparently AD was looking to get out of Dodge until McVay came around...

Yeah it actually is feeling my scary as it sinks in. We were blessed with the most special player in this generation. Just as or more scary is when Stafford retires.

Fisher had tons of talent on defense but was never consistently dominate while the offense consistently was embarrassing.

by ramsman34
1 month 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8564  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

It’s a really cool interview. He’s a throwback person IMO. Very grounded, knows he’s great but doesn’t “wear it” if ya know what I mean. I dont see him coming back/out of retirement. And I wish him well in all his endeavors. It’s gonna be really weird not seeing him on the field.

by 69RamFan
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   3190  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:It’s a really cool interview. He’s a throwback person IMO. Very grounded, knows he’s great but doesn’t “wear it” if ya know what I mean. I dont see him coming back/out of retirement. And I wish him well in all his endeavors. It’s gonna be really weird not seeing him on the field.

Here is the situation about pro athletes, especially AD,
that's all he has been doing all of his life, playing football,
and training his body for it.

He will never stop training, not as young as he is.
The RAMs know this,
that's why they left the door open for him to come back.

As of right now, I feel he wants to be closer to his two kids that are in Pittsburgh.
But around in DEC/JAN time Frame, If the RAMs are playoff bound,
You know McVay is gonna give AD a phone call and say,
Hey bro, we could use you for the playoff run,
I'll let you play the edge rusher instead of inside at 265lbs.
and make him feel wanted by his coaching staff and teammates,
telling him that he would be the missing piece in winning another SB.

And AD even said it, that's the ultimate high in winning another SB,
because it's a team sport and winning with your teammates.
He even said, one more time! :D :D :D
So, I'm not counting him out just yet!!!

by actionjack
3 weeks 1 day ago
Superstar

On Chris Longs POD good stuff.

My takeaways

- AD thinks the one thing the team is missing is edge

- Both Chris and AD thought Fisher was a good coach, but AD in particular thought there wasnt enough structure particularly with the young guys, not enough discipline.

by BrooklynRam74
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   168  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

actionjack wrote:

On Chris Longs POD good stuff.

My takeaways

- AD thinks the one thing the team is missing is edge

- Both Chris and AD thought Fisher was a good coach, but AD in particular thought there wasnt enough structure particularly with the young guys, not enough discipline.

This settles it for me. What AD says I believe. Been wanting a DT or CB, now I want Verse or Latu or Chop. Case closed!

• 9 / 9
89 posts Apr 28 2024