24 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by snackdaddy
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I didn't know much about him other than seeing him on the FA available list. After seeing all the comments it sure looks like a good signing. Tackling seem to be his strongest suit. Something like 8th best in missed tackle rate out of 99 safeties. Washington fans did not want to lose him. I would think he moves to the top of the depth chart right away. I think he's been a free safety. But not sure if they play to use him at strong safety with his tackling ability.

by BobCarl
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4322  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Rams paying a safety, you just never know...

yes, his pay for just one year is more than all of the Rams safeties were paid last year.

Nevertheless, where does he stand in overall safety ranking vs overall safety pay?

by BobCarl
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4322  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:But not sure if they play to use him at strong safety with his tackling ability.

in those videos he was often lined up as a LB while there were already two deep safeties on the field

this guy will be fun to watch

by PARAM
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

To me, this suggests the kid must be extremely good.

by PARAM
1 month 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:He plays everywhere for Washington, which allows the defense to give offenses multiple looks without a drop-off in the quality of play. The coaching staff knows he can excel in every coverage role they ask of him while also not losing any strength in the run game.

And it would appear, judging from his pointing on that one play vs the Chargers, he's aware and reacts instinctively to everybody's responsibility in the secondary.

And if he plays like they say he's played, he may be the first Rams safety to get a 2nd contract.

by Elvis
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:To me, this suggests the kid must be extremely good.

I'm sure they like him a lot but new DC, new era with Donald retired, things change, and then they change again, offenses change, defenses change. There are no rules that always apply.

What will a Chris Shula defense without AD look like?

by RAMMAN76
1 month 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

I approve of this signing. :D

Looks like a solid tackler which is something the Rams needed to improve upon.

by PARAM
1 month 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:What will a Chris Shula defense without AD look like?

It'll look like a group of guys who can't play 11 on 9 or 8. Must play 11 on 11. It can be done. It won't be easy but it won't be as difficult as picking fly shit out of peppers with boxing gloves on.

by ramsman34
1 month 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

No. It wont be that difficult. Lol

Clearly the Rams MO will be to score a shit tone and make the other team play catch up. The defense will have an easier job in theory that way. We will see if that can be done.

And defense is really a collective effort. If they add enough of the right guys to the group they already have, we might be pleasantly surprised. There are high quality players at every level currently. And there will be more added.

by ramsman34
1 month 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I believe at the end of the year teams were sliding protection to Kobie. So we just need to give him more help around him.

• 2 / 3
24 posts May 13 2024