• 3 / 3
 by AltiTude Ram
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2180  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

MOST UNDERRATED 2024 FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

KAM CURL, SAF, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Kam Curl remains one of the league’s most underrated players and a two-year deal of $9 million, worth up to $13 million, is proof. Not only is that contract well below what Curl should be worth — at max value, the $6.5 million average is just 21st among safeties — but he landed in a perfect spot for his skill set.

During his tenure in Washington, the former seventh-round pick spent 44 percent of his snaps deep, 27 percent in the box, 21 percent in the slot and six percent at the line of scrimmage. He can be used just about anywhere that is needed.

The Los Angeles Rams have been a defense built around disguise throughout the different defensive coordinators during the Sean McVay era. Last season, they had the third-lowest rate of static looks in the league.

A player such as Curl will only help that given how many spots he can play at before and after the snap. He’s an effective blitzer, a strong run defender and can hold up in coverage. In Washington, especially in 2023, he was responsible for cleaning up some messes in front of him, which took away some of his overall impact.

Giving Curl the ability to move around more freely in a better-coordinated defense and a better secondary could unlock another level of a player who has been one of the league’s best at his position while not many noticed.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/2024-nfl-fr ... -signings/

by Dare
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   80  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

The only problem I have with Kameren is his injury history. He has a history of getting dinged. I assume it's because of his physical style of play. This guy can be a difference maker in the same way Weddle was. With Curl and Lake the Rams have a good starting pair of safeties.

With the signing of Williams they have upgraded from Witherspoon who actually played very well while in LA. I could see Witherspoon as a late addition. If Taylor looks good in TC that would allow them to shift Lake to play SCB again when they are in nickel.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a CB taken in the third round. IMO Williams is a bandaid which is why his contract is structured the way it is.

But there is no question that the signing of Curl has been huge. This secondary with Williams and now Curl is one that will QBs pause. I anticipate them being far better than most think they will be. Looking at this secondary I don't see one that is built to sit back and play passively.

by ramsman34
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   8564  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Don’t forget Russ Yeast. I think you see him and Curl at S with Lake at Star. We are in some version of nickel probably 70% of the time.

• 3 / 3
24 posts Apr 28 2024