25 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Dare wrote:Considering how badly the games are officiated now, leaving one more penalty as discretionary is just one more way they can cheat. Just ask a Lion fan how much they trust officials. Look at how many roughing calls against Stafford that aren't called.

I mean I'm all for player safety. But the officials simply pick and choose when they want to call a penalty according to their own bias or whatever.

They should make all penalties subject to review i.e. challengeable.

It sounds like it will be used more as a tool to fine players after the fact, where they can use video to back up the fine.

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:

Kinda with Hekker on this. How the hell are they supposed to tackle and how the hell are they gonna practice it/get it right when the players union won’t let teams actually practice and hit and tackle. Pretty soon this shit is gonna be 2-hand touch.

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I guess this means McVay was a yes:

Reading a little further, NFL says the tackle they're talking about happens about once per game and listening to Kirwan on Sirius, he said he think this will be something addressed on Mondays more so than Sundays, with fines or letters to offending players...

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I guess this means McVay was a yes:

Reading a little further, NFL says the tackle they're talking about happens about once per game and listening to Kirwan on Sirius, he said he think this will be something addressed on Mondays more so than Sundays, with fines or letters to offending players...

Like I said tool for fines

by majik
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1209  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

What is Hekker complaining about? Banning the hip drop tackle? That is rich coming from someone who plays a position in which he is almost never tackled. If Hekker is so macho and wants to get back to “real football” maybe they should eliminate the roughing and running into kicker penalties

• 2 / 3
25 posts May 12 2024