57 posts
  • 5 / 6
 by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

A lot of negativity towards Hoecht has been expressed over the recent past. He can't cover. Well the DC shouldn't put him in that position. He's not an OLB. Okay, let's call him a DE. What I've seen from Hoecht is he never stops. He does everything the team asks him to do, including attempting to cover RBs and TEs. He's a solid tackler. He gets pressure. And he plays the run well. IF....he's not asked to do the things he's not capable of....he's a bargain at the tender price. Hell even if he's asked to do some of the things he can't, he's still a bargain because he doesn't fail at them 100% of the time.

by BobCarl
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4322  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Hoecht signs his tender:
good to hear, he had some key plays in 2023 ... I didn't pay much attention to him though he seems to be a solid LB that can be a backup at any LB position thus getting him a lot of snaps

by ramsman34
1 month 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Rams keeping as much experienced depth on D as possible. Portends to my theory that they will fortify through the draft and FA after - once they secure a stud difference maker with their first pick. I still contend that will be a WR, possibly a TE (Bowers), maybe a LT. They still could go edge with their first pick. But I think there are DL/edge players who will be available in the 2nd and 3rd who the Rams have their eyes on. And, who are very good players: at Edge - Elliss, Booker, Kamara, Braswell, Isaac; at DL - Jenkins, Braswell, Orhorhoho. I know many think the top guys are where we should pick. A. Those guys will be pushed down based on the QBs. OTs, and WRs. So there should be a lot of good players for the Rams to target after pick 15 and through the top of the 3rd. The Rams could trade up in the first, grab a playmaker, then trade back up into the bottom of the first if someone they really like falls. They don’t need all 11 picks this year, IMO, so use them to move to get who they really, really want. They also aren’t afraid to use future picks as well.

by ramsww
1 month 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   475  
Starter

and therein lies another thing about Raheem that drove me nuts. Every time I saw a RB or WR breaking to the outside and saw Hoecht trailing I spilled my beer, for the love of god man…WHYYYY? lol. Morris deserves a HC job but playing his CBs 7-10 yds off on 3rd and 3 and some of his schemes….history would not have been kind in the SB if not for AD.

by actionjack
1 month 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   4027  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Rams keeping as much experienced depth on D as possible. Portends to my theory that they will fortify through the draft and FA after - once they secure a stud difference maker with their first pick. I still contend that will be a WR, possibly a TE (Bowers), maybe a LT. They still could go edge with their first pick. But I think there are DL/edge players who will be available in the 2nd and 3rd who the Rams have their eyes on. And, who are very good players: at Edge - Elliss, Booker, Kamara, Braswell, Isaac; at DL - Jenkins, Braswell, Orhorhoho. I know many think the top guys are where we should pick. A. Those guys will be pushed down based on the QBs. OTs, and WRs. So there should be a lot of good players for the Rams to target after pick 15 and through the top of the 3rd. The Rams could trade up in the first, grab a playmaker, then trade back up into the bottom of the first if someone they really like falls. They don’t need all 11 picks this year, IMO, so use them to move to get who they really, really want. They also aren’t afraid to use future picks as well.

I would think we eventually bring back JJ3 as well. We need him the defensive backfield.

by ramsman34
1 month 12 hours ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I tend to agree. Need as many savvy vets as possible in the backend. Help those young guns up front

by BobCarl
4 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4322  
Superstar

ramsww wrote:....playing his CBs 7-10 yds off on 3rd and 3 and some of his schemes….not for AD.

Making a QB execute a panic "sight adjustment" throw... The corner is set up for an easy pass defended.

Taking AD out of this equation changes everything

by snackdaddy
4 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

ramsww wrote:and therein lies another thing about Raheem that drove me nuts. Every time I saw a RB or WR breaking to the outside and saw Hoecht trailing I spilled my beer, for the love of god man…WHYYYY? lol. Morris deserves a HC job but playing his CBs 7-10 yds off on 3rd and 3 and some of his schemes….history would not have been kind in the SB if not for AD.

I remember the frustration. The cushions by the DB's allowing easy pitch and catch plays. But by the end of 60 minutes, when it was all said and done, the opposing team didn't score as many points as you would think by watching the game.

• 5 / 6
57 posts May 13 2024