56 posts
  • 3 / 6
 by PARAM
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I thought Murchison did well with the limited time when he joined them mid season a couple years ago. Last year not as much. But it does add needed depth with an experienced vet. Helps the rotation.

In Murchison's defense his snap count surpassed 25% just 4 times in 15 games. The previous year he surpassed 25% just once in 8 games. He's a good rotational guy but could see more snaps this year with AD gone......depending on whether we draft a stud DT or not.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2092  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Is he worthy of more snaps?

by 69RamFan
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Looks like Benett is committed to come back!

So much for wishful thinking on drafting a QB within the first three round picks!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by rams74
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:So much for wishful thinking on drafting a QB within the first three round picks!!!

Sure, but not everybody was wishing that. Me, for one.

They've got QB1. They've addressed QB2. And now Bennett is coming back. So no higher than QB3 for him.

In my mind, they were always going to use their higher round picks this year on immediate needs. The Rams have too many immediate needs on defense to worry about the quarterback of the future right now.

by 69RamFan
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

rams74 wrote:Sure, but not everybody was wishing that. Me, for one.

They've got QB1. They've addressed QB2. And now Bennett is coming back. So no higher than QB3 for him.

In my mind, they were always going to use their higher round picks this year on immediate needs. The Rams have too many immediate needs on defense to worry about the quarterback of the future right now.

That was my original point from the red highlight:

For those who wanted to draft a QB within the first three rounds,

not saying that was you.

I never saw that would happen in drafting a QB within the first three rounds,

with other priority needs, especially we have a contending SB team.

Stafford has at least two more years on his contract with an option for his 3rd year.

I stated, resign Wentz instead of drafting a QB.

I always felt that McVay wanted a vet QB2 with experience.

So, McVay gets someone with more experience than Wentz for his system in Jimmy GQ.

by PARAM
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

As soon as Garappolo was signed drafting a QB this year seemed like a stretch. Now with Bennett back it's more of a stretch. Somebody is going to have to cover for JG the first two games though. Poor Dresser Wynn misses out now.

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Well there is still a very real chance Stetson doesnt make it past OTA's, pretty fluid situation.

You gents are probably right about the draft this year, but IMO Stafford has two years max left. He will 37 next February. A QB is way harder to replace then a DT not matter how great.

Personally I dont want to be one of those teams trying to win with 2nd rate QB (outside the top 15 QB). I dont want to be the Raiders going with Minshew as its QB. I would love to have Stafford show them the ropes, nothing better.

by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The other question, and i realize the answer is almost certainly yes, but does McVay plan to coach past Stafford? We all assume he does and that's most likely right but if it's not something the Rams are certain of, would change their strategy on how they go about finding their post Stafford QB.

And i agree with AJ, no guarantee Bennett is back for good but glad to see he's at least back in the mix for now...

by actionjack
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:The other question, and i realize the answer is almost certainly yes, but does McVay plan to coach past Stafford? We all assume he does and that's most likely right but if it's not something the Rams are certain of, would change their strategy on how they go about finding their post Stafford QB.

And i agree with AJ, no guarantee Bennett is back for good but glad to see he's at least back in the mix for now...

You read my mind, that was my other concern, is McVay here only here as long as Stafford? Another reason to get some dude in here earlier, get coached up by McVay and maybe keeps McVay around longer.

Im going to enjoy the hell out of the next couple years barring injury, cause it could get dark real quick in LA after that...

by ramsman34
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Start looking at top vets on crap teams. Maybe they pull another Stafford deal. No clue why that would be.

• 3 / 6
56 posts May 13 2024