439 posts
  • 1 / 44
 by PARAM
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12257  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Or should this be in the draft forum?

Tankathon has the Rams picks this way.....

1st RD #19
2nd RD #52 (#20)
3rd RD #83 (#19)
They don't have the Morris comp but that should be #100 or #101
4th RD (none)
5th RD #152 (#19)
5th RD #153 (#20 from Pittsburgh)
5th RD #176 (#33, comp)
6th RD #190 (from Denver)
6th RD #211 (#34, comp)
6th RD #216 (#39, comp)
6th RD #217 (#40, comp)

They ought to be able to do something with that lineup. I know we've been known to trade down but I could also see some trades up. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

by /zn/
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   6771  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Or should this be in the draft forum?

Tankathon has the Rams picks this way.....

1st RD #19
2nd RD #52 (#20)
3rd RD #83 (#19)
They don't have the Morris comp but that should be #100 or #101
4th RD (none)
5th RD #152 (#19)
5th RD #153 (#20 from Pittsburgh)
5th RD #176 (#33, comp)
6th RD #190 (from Denver)
6th RD #211 (#34, comp)
6th RD #216 (#39, comp)
6th RD #217 (#40, comp)

They ought to be able to do something with that lineup. I know we've been known to trade down but I could also see some trades up. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

To me, as I see it right now, the entire draft comes down to whether or not Shelton voids. If he does, that means they either have to sign him or draft a center high (round 1 even). If he voids the question then becomes, do you pay Shelton or draft a ready starter who would most likely be better? I don't mean to denigrate Shelton, the OL played well after the bye and he was part of that, but do you pay him if you can draft a guy like Jackson Powers-Johnson...who at 6'3 334 fits the Rams new OL scheme and would elevate the line I think. Plus if they sign Shelton that knicks the cap space a bit and makes signing Dotson harder. If Shelton voids, then, I would sign Dotson and draft JP-J. Now that would be a line.

If he doesn't void they can draft a future center lower and use the 1st rounder on some other position (CB or edge or DL).

by Elvis
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38589  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:Or should this be in the draft forum?

I merged the draft forum into this one. So all draft talk goes here now.

I'm curious to see if they'll pick in the 1st round. The only time McVay/Snead had a 1st round pick, 2019, Rams traded back. Supposedly they had their eye on the center Minnesota drafted so Rams drafted back because he was gone. Last year, Rams were, again supposedly, looking to trade into the 1st round.

Oh, and if you entered it correctly, today's your birthday. Happy Birthday PA!

by BobCarl
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4309  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

PARAM wrote:1st RD #19
I don't have a player in mind. But is there a player worth moving above #19 for, and what would we have to give up to get him?

by snackdaddy
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9667  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hard to guess what they will do. They have more a history of trading down than trading up. Free agency might change their board. If Dotson and Shelton returns and they sign a decent pass rusher that makes those positions less urgent.

I've seen some mocks that have us drafting Cooper DeJean at CB. He'd be a good choice. Seems to have good closing speed and can return punts. And a willing tackler. Depending on what they do in free agency he'd be my first choice at number 19. If they address edge and CB in free agency then I can see a trade down. Or offensive line if not.

by Flash
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1206  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:To me, as I see it right now, the entire draft comes down to whether or not Shelton voids. If he does, that means they either have to sign him or draft a center high (round 1 even). If he voids the question then becomes, do you pay Shelton or draft a ready starter who would most likely be better? I don't mean to denigrate Shelton, the OL played well after the bye and he was part of that, but do you pay him if you can draft a guy like Jackson Powers-Johnson...who at 6'3 334 fits the Rams new OL scheme and would elevate the line I think. Plus if they sign Shelton that knicks the cap space a bit and makes signing Dotson harder. If Shelton voids, then, I would sign Dotson and draft JP-J. Now that would be a line.

If he doesn't void they can draft a future center lower and use the 1st rounder on some other position (CB or edge or DL).

They can always move Avila to center. He did play that in college too.

by actionjack
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

All I know is they need EDGE help by far the most. It makes the whole defense better.
The problem is the Rams need a CB or two, OL help, WR and future starter at QB.

If I were the Rams I would try and keep the current OL together and try and add starting a OT,
Havs is done soon and who knows if AJ can be the guy on the left long term (maybe move to RT).

This draft is going to be huge with the amount of top picks (I see them trading down), they have to repeat last year which is sorta unfair, but this draft is vital.

Guess that QB Daniels kid is pretty good prolly go in the top 5 now.

by ramman2999
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   570  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

The Kid from Tennesee Milton has a ton of upside as a Quarterback.

Long can throw big live arm and mobile. Hes just raw but if he is coached up he can be a franchise Quarterback. Perfect for Mcvay to work with him. And he can sit for a couple of seasons. Proably can get him in the 4th round.

by /zn/
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   6771  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:They can always move Avila to center. He did play that in college too.

Then they have to come up with another guard, one who fits the specs they have for both Dotson and Avila.

My preference is to fix one position with one move rather than 2 with 2 moves.

IF they draft J-PJ at OC AND sign Dotson they they have an athletic interior OL averaging 325 lbs. :shock2:

An idea I like.

by actionjack
2 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:Then they have to come up with another guard, one who fits the specs they have for both Dotson and Avila.

My preference is to fix one position with one move rather than 2 with 2 moves.

IF they draft J-PJ at OC AND sign Dotson they they have an athletic interior OL averaging 325 lbs. :shock2:

An idea I like.

It would be awesome to have a center like that, but to me it feels like a luxury with the Rams future at OT. I would do what I can to keep Sheldon or fall back to Allen for a year or too. Got to sign Dotson, but that is very far from a sure thing.

• 1 / 44
439 posts Apr 28 2024