484 posts
  • 2 / 49
 by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:It would be awesome to have a center like that, but to me it feels like a luxury with the Rams future at OT. I would do what I can to keep Sheldon or fall back to Allen for a year or too. Got to sign Dotson, but that is very far from a sure thing.

Well for the sake of discussion, I just have very different views.

I don't count it as a luxury to draft a center and in fact if Shelton doesn't sign I count it as their top priority, above even edge and CB. They can get their LOT by signing Jackson. Or they can draft someone lower to develop behind him.

If Shelton doesn't sign then center is an immediate need. Personally I don't want Allen anywhere near this new OL. He was an older type, Kromer and the zone run type. He doesn't fit what they do now and I expect him to be a cap cut. So drafting a ready to go, plug and play top center seems like the best bet to me if Shelton's gone.

by ramman2999
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Im with you.

Let’s draft Jackson Powers Johnson at Center take care of our interior with Avilla. But ask yourself this question do you see him as elite as say a Maurkice Pouncy when he came out of florida he was an elite high level center that anchored that Steelers line. If you do then draft him keep in mind. There are gonna be some good players there. Maybe Kool Aid maybe Lai Latu and wildcard maybe a Brock Bowers.

by ramman2999
2 months 3 weeks ago
Veteran

As for the Quarterback I think Joe Milton should be looked at in the second or third round. You want upside with this pick. And I see some Mahomes in him. Very high recruit who went to Michigan and then Tennessee. But has elite tools. If coached up right which I think Mcvay can do. And I see Mcvay as a better coach than Shannahan. This guy can be a franchise Quarterback. The perfect Quarterback to sit and learn. And I want to see him and Puka Nacua.

Look at his tape. You will come away impressed.

by BrooklynRam74
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   199  
Rookie

I'm thinking Cornerback may be the way to go. Quinyon or Cooper DeJean. Corner or O-Line.

by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

ramman2999 wrote:Im with you.

Let’s draft Jackson Powers Johnson at Center take care of our interior with Avilla. But ask yourself this question do you see him as elite as say a Maurkice Pouncy when he came out of florida he was an elite high level center that anchored that Steelers line. If you do then draft him keep in mind. There are gonna be some good players there. Maybe Kool Aid maybe Lai Latu and wildcard maybe a Brock Bowers.

I see him as a well-regarded plug n play center and the best at his position in this draft and someone who (it looks like) fits the Rams OL profile, plus I calculate that he probably will not be there when the Rams pick in the 2nd round. This all becomes relevant if Shelton voids his contract. If Shelton doesn't void then there is no immediate hole to fill.

There are other needs and if Shelton stays those other needs take priority. If Shelton doesn't stay center becomes the priority, and one that they can't afford to screw around with. That's just how I see it.

Others of course see it differently, so I ignore and disdain them. Kidding. 8-) (Honest, kidding.) Center being a priority is just my view.

by safer
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1278  
Pro Bowl

I see this draft as MUCH different than last year's in that we filled so many holes in our lineups. Wide out, NT, and much of Oline we got. I would be in favor of us trading UP to get a couple of superior talents, if we see them in positions of need. It's highly unusual for a center to be taken so early in the first , but I agree he won't be there in the 2nd round for us. IF we are really high on prospects in positions of need, why not use our 1st on either OT (so we could cut NOTE after June 1, saving us $15 mil); or corner ; Then trade a 2nd, 3rd and maybe a 5th to get us back into the late 1st for our center. Then, use several of our later picks to get whatever we need.
IF we sign an elite OLBER in F/A; and find back-up quality OT (and future starter), starting o-center and corner in the draft, I'd be doing cartwheels! Hell, as well as Les has drafted in the mid rounds we may not need to move up nearly than much.

by ramman2999
2 months 3 weeks ago
Veteran

We hit so much on Puka Nacua it was awesome a 15 year starter at WR allowing us to take the torch from Cooper Kupp.

sneads been great. Flipping Allen Robinson and Odell Beckham turning that into Puka Nacua

Turning Cam Akers into Kyren Williams.

And drafting Kolby Turner.

That might be one of the Rams best draft classes ever. Generational

Puka Nacua Steve Avilla Kolbie Turner and Bryan Young. All in one draft.

by actionjack
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:Well for the sake of discussion, I just have very different views.

I don't count it as a luxury to draft a center and in fact if Shelton doesn't sign I count it as their top priority, above even edge and CB. They can get their LOT by signing Jackson. Or they can draft someone lower to develop behind him.

If Shelton doesn't sign then center is an immediate need. Personally I don't want Allen anywhere near this new OL. He was an older type, Kromer and the zone run type. He doesn't fit what they do now and I expect him to be a cap cut. So drafting a ready to go, plug and play top center seems like the best bet to me if Shelton's gone.

Lol not surprised.

I am going to wait until closer to the draft as the Free Agency is going to significantly impact what the Rams do whether it is K Dot and or Sheldon signing or leaving or Rams signing Edge. It is really not worth getting into hypotheticals this layered.

My preference would be to spend cap on K Dot and signing Danielle Hunter.

If they could do that it frees them up to go o-line, CB, TE etc in the first round. All I know is we cant go through another season with what we have at OLB, getting Hunter would be massive to the overall defense.

by PARAM
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Lol not surprised.

I am going to wait until closer to the draft as the Free Agency is going to significantly impact what the Rams do whether it is K Dot and or Sheldon signing or leaving or Rams signing Edge. It is really not worth getting into hypotheticals this layered.

My preference would be to spend cap on K Dot and signing Danielle Hunter.

If they could do that it frees them up to go o-line, CB, TE etc in the first round. All I know is we cant go through another season with what we have at OLB, getting Hunter would be massive to the overall defense.

It's possible they sign Dotson and an Edge, and Shelton OR and Shelton voids his opt out. I'd love that. Go jnto the draft with the big holes already filled. All gravy after that.

by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Anyone got a sense of what Shelton would be worth if he opts out?

Lot of mocks have Rams going CB, gotta go back to Janoris Jenkins to find a highly drafted CB for the Rams...

• 2 / 49
484 posts May 12 2024