484 posts
  • 34 / 49
 by ziggy
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

MS is tough as nails. Because he's tough as nails, I expect he would want to play 'forever.' He's not going to want to quit because he's done. Also because he's tough as nails, he's going to get injured one day where he's not going to be able to come back the same. When that happens, his family and his doctor will convince him to retire. That day is coming sooner than we would like, but I'm an optimist and perhaps so are the Rams?

by PARAM
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:He's one of the players the Rams met with at the combine. Current list of who the Rams have met with:

Karsen Barnhart, Offensive Tackle, Michigan (PRO)
Audric Estime, Running Back, Notre Dame (COM)
Troy Fautanu^, Offensive Guard, Washington (PRO, VIR)
Jaylan Ford, Outside Linebacker, Texas (COM)
Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
Mark Perry, Safety, TCU (VIR)
Andru Phillips, Cornerback, Kentucky (T30)
Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (PRO)

I could see them trading up for Fautanu.

by PARAM
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

So on the Edge rushers, do I understand correctly?

Verse is more of a 4-3 DE who is a great pass rusher and good against the run but can't be expected to cover like an OLB.
Turner is a true OLB but doesn't have a great first step and is a little suspect vs the run.
Latu is a tweener. He's big enough to be a 4-3 DE and agile enough to back off in coverage. But he has short arms and those injury concerns won't go away playing against bigger, stronger athletes.
Robinson is a true OLB but has issues vs the run.

Some believe with time and good NFL coaching, Robinson can improve against the run and Verse can improve when asked to back off in coverage. Latu and Turner seem to be the guys most NFL ready. My questions are, is Turner a little over rated because of the program he's been in and the better athletes around him? Is Latu a little over rated because he's played in a weaker conference and is he going to have issues because of the injury history and short arms?

by Dare
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I see the Rams trying to trade up into the top 10 in the first round to get their QB of the future. If they trade up with the Chargers I think the Rams take Penix. If they trade up to nine I think Penix might be off the board but they should be able to get McCarthy or Nix.

In the second round I see them taking an edge.

In the third round I think it will be LT and CB.

Fifth round, LB, NT (DT), WR

6th and 7th round will be BPA for depth. But I can see them taking a RB early in the 6th.

IMO the wildcard are the Chargers, do they take a QB McCarthy at 5 and trade Herbert to the Rams for two firsts Garappolo and Atwell? Does Harbaugh want "his" QB in the same way McVay wanted Stafford not Goff. The Rams could sign Herbert to a new contract making him affordable this year as he sits one year behind Stafford. Harbaugh has that kind of personality where he might just do that kind of a trade. He gets his QB, reduces their cap, and gets a bridge QB in Garappolo and a starting WR who is a legitimate deep threat.

McVay gets another gunslinger QB in the mold of Stafford, solidifying that position for years to come. The Rams could make room for Herbert by either restructuring Stafford or releasing Havenstein who is in what probably is his final contract year.

Snead is the kind of GM and Harbaugh is the kind of HC who would pull that kind of trade. McVay gets another veteran QB who he doesn't have to "develop". something I don't think he really wants to do.

by rams74
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dare wrote:The Rams could sign Herbert to a new contract making him affordable this year as he sits one year behind Stafford.

This will not happen. Not in our universe.

Possibly in some other multiverse, I suppose, but it would be a weird one.

OTOH, maybe you're just trolling.

by Elvis
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I gotta admit i had a similar thought, what if the Chargers draft McCarthy, he sits for a year or two and Herbert ends up the Rams next QB (in a year or two)...

by 69RamFan
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

PARAM wrote:So on the Edge rushers, do I understand correctly?

Verse is more of a 4-3 DE who is a great pass rusher and good against the run but can't be expected to cover like an OLB.
Turner is a true OLB but doesn't have a great first step and is a little suspect vs the run.
Latu is a tweener. He's big enough to be a 4-3 DE and agile enough to back off in coverage. But he has short arms and those injury concerns won't go away playing against bigger, stronger athletes.
Robinson is a true OLB but has issues vs the run.

Some believe with time and good NFL coaching, Robinson can improve against the run and Verse can improve when asked to back off in coverage. Latu and Turner seem to be the guys most NFL ready. My questions are, is Turner a little over rated because of the program he's been in and the better athletes around him? Is Latu a little over rated because he's played in a weaker conference and is he going to have issues because of the injury history and short arms?

Here is my two cents:

Out of those four edge rushers,
the best one to choose IMO,
is Verse, the reason being,
He is the strongest by far.

That's what made AD so good,
was his strength and speed to get off the line,

Verse has those same strength and abilities.
As far as coverage,
with his 4.5 speed,
when ask to do so,
he should be able to cover either a TE or RB coming out of the backfield.

IMO, I would trade up to get Verse, hands down.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Oh this place is gonna be fun next week for sure.

Again,

THEY ARE NOT TRADING UP FOR A QB.
They probably won’t even draft one unless it’s laaaate.

I think they trade way up for a playmaker or LT.

If they don’t, and the playmakers they want are gone, I think they go Mr. 69’s route and move up for the edge they want - if they move up at all.

The least likely scenario to me is they move back. The caveat there is if Chop Robinson falls and they like him and they think they can trade back and still get him. I think he goes earlier than people think bc of his insane athletic traits. Who knows, the Rams might like PA’s guy, Adisa Isaac - the other Penn St. guy. And might grab him in the 2nd.

Like I said, gonna be fun to see who of us has guessed right. Haha.

by Elvis
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

by actionjack
3 weeks 2 days ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

69RamFan wrote:Here is my two cents:

Out of those four edge rushers,
the best one to choose IMO,
is Verse, the reason being,
He is the strongest by far.

That's what made AD so good,
was his strength and speed to get off the line,

Verse has those same strength and abilities.
As far as coverage,
with his 4.5 speed,
when ask to do so,
he should be able to cover either a TE or RB coming out of the backfield.

IMO, I would trade up to get Verse, hands down.

Interesting, the Rams seem to be interested in Chop, maybe see someone they can develop with a higher ceiling. Im hearing more teams like him and could go higher than mocks have projected.

• 34 / 49
484 posts May 13 2024