484 posts
  • 33 / 49
 by PARAM
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

If 4 QBs, 4 WRs, 4 LTs, 2 CBs, 1 TE, 1 DT go in the first 16, we can get 1 of the top 3 Edge rushers......Turner, Latu or Verse. If one of the WRs, LTs, CBs don't go we won't have a shot at the top 3 Edge rushers. So we either trade down or take one of those who didn't go. Win-win IMHO.

by actionjack
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

PARAM wrote:1 or 2 years after this season or 2024 and maybe 2025?

1-2 years totals, so 24 and hopefully 25

by rams74
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:1-2 years totals, so 24 and hopefully 25

Stafford may or may not have a specific year in mind. He hasn't said, so we don't know. What he has said is that he wants to continue playing. So it's entirely possible that Matthew doesn't know.

And if Matthew doesn't know, then Schrager certainly doesn't know. Which would mean he's just guessing, like everybody else.

by actionjack
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

rams74 wrote:Stafford may or may not have a specific year in mind. He hasn't said, so we don't know. What he has said is that he wants to continue playing. So it's entirely possible that Matthew doesn't know.

And if Matthew doesn't know, then Schrager certainly doesn't know. Which would mean he's just guessing, like everybody else.

I tend to agree with you, but anything beyond 2 years is pretty tenuous. I think we will have our answer about when the Rams draft a QB.

by Elvis
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

He's one of the players the Rams met with at the combine. Current list of who the Rams have met with:

Karsen Barnhart, Offensive Tackle, Michigan (PRO)
Audric Estime, Running Back, Notre Dame (COM)
Troy Fautanu^, Offensive Guard, Washington (PRO, VIR)
Jaylan Ford, Outside Linebacker, Texas (COM)
Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
Mark Perry, Safety, TCU (VIR)
Andru Phillips, Cornerback, Kentucky (T30)
Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (PRO)

by rams74
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:He's one of the players the Rams met with at the combine. Current list of who the Rams have met with:

Karsen Barnhart, Offensive Tackle, Michigan (PRO)
Audric Estime, Running Back, Notre Dame (COM)
Troy Fautanu^, Offensive Guard, Washington (PRO, VIR)
Jaylan Ford, Outside Linebacker, Texas (COM)
Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
Mark Perry, Safety, TCU (VIR)
Andru Phillips, Cornerback, Kentucky (T30)
Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (PRO)

I never know what to make of the list of players the Rams meet with. Sometimes they draft guys high, who aren't on those lists.

On the other hand, I don't think they waste visits just to create smoke screens. So there has to be interest there.

by Elvis
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

rams74 wrote:I never know what to make of the list of players the Rams meet with. Sometimes they draft guys high, who aren't on those lists.

On the other hand, I don't think they waste visits just to create smoke screens. So there has to be interest there.

Yeah these are hard to guess at. And if you look at what Walter Football has for other teams, Rams have very few by comparison so safe to assume it's not a big part of their process...

• 33 / 49
484 posts May 12 2024