10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Site is up and live at new hosting (for me anyway). Since the database transfer happened sometime last night, some of the most recent posts will have been lost. Feel free to repost anything you think is missing.

In case you're wondering, our deal with previous host was going to expire fairly soon plus there's an issue that RFU needs a fairly old version of PHP to run properly (without doing a lot of updating to our software). The old host was about to stop offering the version we need so that had us moving a little earlier. At some point we'll actually have to update RFU itself so this will no longer be an issue, ah one of these days.

And since we're at a new host, could be some problems, we'll see how it goes.

So far it's running faster for me but i'm probably the only one here...

by actionjack
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Site is up and live at new hosting (for me anyway). Since the database transfer happened sometime last night, some of the most recent posts will have been lost. Feel free to repost anything you think is missing.

In case you're wondering, our deal with previous host was going to expire fairly soon plus there's an issue that RFU needs a fairly old version of PHP to run properly (without doing a lot of updating to our software). The old host was about to stop offering the version we need so that had us moving a little earlier. At some point we'll actually have to update RFU itself so this will no longer be an issue, ah one of these days.

And since we're at a new host, could be some problems, we'll see how it goes.

Did get warning that the site cert wasnt valid etc, decided I could trust the site :)

So far it's running faster for me but i'm probably the only one here...

by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
Administrator

actionjack wrote:Did get warning that the site cert wasnt valid etc, decided I could trust the site :)

We do have SSL here though might take a little while for everyone's browsers to realize it...

by /zn/
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

It's a good group here and glad you moved the board and set up something we can all enjoy.

by RedAlice
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Working good!

I did get the initial warning as well.

by ramsman34
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Same on initial warning.

by Elvis
2 months 3 weeks ago
Administrator

You have all been identity thefted.

It takes a while for the changes to make their way through the internet but we do have SSL. If this continues to be a problem i'll look into it but i think this is about changes propagating which they say can take up to 48 hours.

On my iPad sometimes i get the old site with Gurley's "back in a flash," sometimes i get a security warning and sometimes i get this RFU where everything is fine.

It's mostly been fine on my desktop but not 100%.

by Elvis
2 months 2 weeks ago
Administrator

There was one last hitch i think i got ironed out. If you went to www.ramsfansunited.com you might have some problems whereas if you went to ramsfansunited.com everything was fine. And some of the links on the site itself pointed to the www address.

That distinction should no longer make a difference...

• 1 / 1
10 posts May 13 2024