230 posts
  • 23 / 23
 by PARAM
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:

Weird how in his first two years he was chasing stardom, MVP awards and Lombardi's and now he's chasing Ryan Fitzpatrick!

by actionjack
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

AltiTude Ram wrote:

I hope the Rams made the right decision signing Jimma over Wentz. Will see

by ramsman34
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

JG went to the playoffs and NFCC. He knows this system. And he played really well with the whiners. As talented as Wentz is, I think JG could really excel with MCV should anything happen to Stafford.

by actionjack
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:JG went to the playoffs and NFCC. He knows this system. And he played really well with the whiners. As talented as Wentz is, I think JG could really excel with MCV should anything happen to Stafford.

You maybe right, but he was awful for the Raiders. He was an interception machine and injured. I agree that JG is a better system fit, but I also liked the possible starter upside that Wentz had. I just dont think we are getting 2021 and earlier Jimmy.

by rams74
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

actionjack wrote:You maybe right, but he was awful for the Raiders. He was an interception machine and injured. I agree that JG is a better system fit, but I also liked the possible starter upside that Wentz had. I just dont think we are getting 2021 and earlier Jimmy.

I agree with this, too. I don't have a problem with Garoppolo per se, I think he's still capable. But Wentz was always far more talented.

And I think Wentz would have been better off signing with the Rams than the Chiefs. You never know how things will play out, but I think his chances of filling in for an injured Stafford (heaven forbid!) would have been higher than filling in for an injured Mahomes. No telling what the money difference would have been.

by Dare
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

The Rams signed RFA Michael Hoecht. I've always liked Hoecht since he was signed as an UDFA. For an inside DL to make the transition to edge is not easy. His problems were when Morris tried to play him as strictly an OLB where his lack of coverage speed was exposed. If played strictly as a rotational DE I think he will provide solid depth. In that role he played well as he learned the position.

If he is going to remain outside he needs to return to his pre-draft weight of around 285 lbs where he timed in the 40 at about 4.6. He gained 25 lbs when they initially played him as a DT. If he loses the weight he can regain his original speed and quickness. He's always been strong. He's the kind of role player depth that every team needs.

If Shula simply uses him as a rotational DE Hoecht should be fine. He had 6 sacks, 5 hurries, 4 QBKD, 16 pressures, 11 QB hits, 45 solo tackles with 7 TFL last year which is pretty good for a guy learning a new position. People only remember his inability to cover but that is exactly what happens when you play a guy out of position and outside of his skillset and IMO that is a coaching issue more than a player issue.

Do I think they still need an edge? Absolutely, but solid depth is important if they intend to make a SB run which they obviously do.

by Elvis
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Any FAs signed from this point forward do not count in the comp formula...

by 69RamFan
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Any FAs signed from this point forward do not count in the comp formula...

At this point, the comp formula doesn't matter,
because of the FA signings we had before the draft.
in which it wiped out our FA that we lost.

The only comp pick we will have, is the 3rd comp pick for HC/Morris,
and I believe that comp pick doesn't count against the comp formula.

So that being said, that will be the only comp pick we'll receive for 2025

by snackdaddy
1 week 6 days ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Its possible a vet becomes available as it gets closer to camp or during camp. Not sure what our biggest need is. O'line depth? CB? ILB? We sure aren't as thin as we were a year ago. Don't need a lot this year. I don't recall McVay giving a lot of rookie RB's significant playing time early in the season. If Corum isn't quite there yet I think Rivers will do fine as the main backup. Unless a proven vet becomes available.

• 23 / 23
230 posts May 12 2024