226 posts
  • 21 / 23
 by snackdaddy
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   9668  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I thought Chiefs would get more than a 3rd for Snead. Next year's 3rd. I suppose they knew they weren't gonna give him a big multi year deal.

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   2180  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:I thought Chiefs would get more than a 3rd for Snead. Next year's 3rd. I suppose they knew they weren't gonna give him a big multi year deal.

The draft compensation wasn't too bad but the contract was out of the Rams range IMO.

by Indrid Cold
1 month 5 days ago
 Total posts:   864  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

The trade price for Haasan Reddick just went down.

by PARAM
1 month 4 days ago
 Total posts:   12262  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Indrid Cold wrote:The trade price for Haasan Reddick just went down.

It would figure that way.....normally. But we're talking about Howie Roseman and the Eagles. They always want more than the norm for their players. After all, they are the blue collar Eagles who've won.......1 Superbowl in 6 decades! :roll2:

by Dare
1 month 4 days ago
 Total posts:   80  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I'm fine with the projected (at this point) secondary. I feel confident the Rams will draft at least one CB probably on the second day. There is a reason William's contract is structured the way it is. He's an obvious bridge player.

Again so much depends upon how Shula plays his roster. I expect him to be more aggressive than Morris. Curl and Williams play their respective positions aggressively. If they draft an edge starter as it looks like they will, who can bookend Young then I can see a lot of 4 man rushes on passing downs. I can see Shula occasionally blitzing with Jones or Hampton.

It will be interesting to watch Nick Hampton this year. He played in 5 games as a rookie and didn't light it up but he didn't play badly either.

The only obvious hole in the starting rotation on defense is the DE/OLB opposite Young. Also a rotational CB who projects as a starter next year. On offense it's rotational depth at WR, RB2 and OT and QB.

This team is good enough to make a legitimate run this year.

by PARAM
1 month 4 days ago
 Total posts:   12262  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Dare wrote:I'm fine with the projected (at this point) secondary. I feel confident the Rams will draft at least one CB probably on the second day. There is a reason William's contract is structured the way it is. He's an obvious bridge player.

Again so much depends upon how Shula plays his roster. I expect him to be more aggressive than Morris. Curl and Williams play their respective positions aggressively. If they draft an edge starter as it looks like they will, who can bookend Young then I can see a lot of 4 man rushes on passing downs. I can see Shula occasionally blitzing with Jones or Hampton.

It will be interesting to watch Nick Hampton this year. He played in 5 games as a rookie and didn't light it up but he didn't play badly either.

The only obvious hole in the starting rotation on defense is the DE/OLB opposite Young. Also a rotational CB who projects as a starter next year. On offense it's rotational depth at WR, RB2 and OT and QB.

This team is good enough to make a legitimate run this year.

What we have to remember is outside of D Will, our CBs were drafted in the 4th, 6th and 6th round or UDFA. It may take a little longer for them to catch on. I haven't given up on Kendricks, Durant or Tomlinson just yet. DWill and maybe a post draft signing of a vet CB, plus a draft pick will give us a nice group. Add the diversity of Lake and Curl, improve the pass rush and that might help the secondary even more. Then there's also the added advantage of playing D with a lead consistently.....

by actionjack
1 month 1 day ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

PARAM wrote:What we have to remember is outside of D Will, our CBs were drafted in the 4th, 6th and 6th round or UDFA. It may take a little longer for them to catch on. I haven't given up on Kendricks, Durant or Tomlinson just yet. DWill and maybe a post draft signing of a vet CB, plus a draft pick will give us a nice group. Add the diversity of Lake and Curl, improve the pass rush and that might help the secondary even more. Then there's also the added advantage of playing D with a lead consistently.....

Very true, def way to early on Tomlinson, DK and Durant were later picks always a gamble.

• 21 / 23
226 posts Apr 28 2024