126 posts
  • 13 / 13
 by ramman2999
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

This is a genius take.

I think if you run there there’s a good chance Mcafrey scores the touchdown. He was so close to scoring. Go right back at the run. They were having trouble stopping the run on that drive. You get yards and run again if it’s 4th. At that point that defense looked tired. You play into spags throwing the ball.

Put the Super Bowl game in your best players hands Christian Mcafrey not Brock Purdy.

I thought the game was lost when they kicked the field goal. Mahomes knew game over.

Not comparing it but Pete Carroll put the game in Russell Wilson’s hands threw the ball not Marshawn Lynch.

Kyle Shannahan put the game in Brock Purdys hands not Christian Mcafrey.

I think Matthew Stafford makes that throw.

by ramman2999
2 months 3 weeks ago
Veteran

Couple of things Mahomes end of 1st half is different from Mahomes end of game.

He takes chances.

I think difference here you gotta look at who your playing. Would’ve made sense to go for it go for that touchdown.

The 49ers had no business going from 2nd 17 to 3rd and 7 against the Chiefs. The Niners had the chiefs on the road in overtime. You gotta get a stop in overtime at 2nd 17 game is over you gotta get the job done. You got two downs.

What was funny to me end of 4th our game against Detroit Dan Campbell threw on 3rd down and 4 basically ran the clock out. 4th Quarter Niners threw third 4 and couldn’t convert looked like Jennings was open but Purdy held the ball too long.

by actionjack
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Fowler picked the Bills to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl, while Yates took the Chiefs to threepeat with a win over the Rams in the big game.

Jeremy Fowler, national NFL writer:Bills over Rams. Although Buffalo was a better team than Kansas City in the 2023 divisional round, it found a way to lose. The Bills will break through, and this might be the last season to do it because of looming roster/cap constraints. The Rams are trending up on offense and finally have the cap space and draft capital to improve their defense for one more run.

Field Yates, NFL analyst:Chiefs over Rams. The Chiefs hardly need an explanation here, while the Rams are poised for a significant step forward, as Los Angeles is equipped with draft capital (the team hasn’t made a first-round pick since 2016 but has one this year) and is armed with cap space after operating almost exclusively around the margins an offseason ago.

by Lancer
2 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   179  
Rookie

ramman2999 wrote:... He’ll run run run against us and Mcvay but refuses to run and pass throw with the best running back in football against Andy Reid he’s a joke.

The fact is the best Niners team they had we beat in the NFC championship that’s why I think Debo and all those guys knew that. That was the Super Bowl. Cause both teams were beating Cincinnati no Mahomes in there...

Not being privy to any 49er office discussion, I think the plan was this, but the early fumble changed that.

There was a contingent of 49ers fans -- I can't say for sure it was a majority, but not insignificant -- who felt "this" version of the team getting into the Superbowl was a little suspect just in the sense their chance of winning it all needed a little bit of luck. They based that on their performance against a couple teams on their schedule this season.

by ramman2999
2 months 3 weeks ago
Veteran

Did anybody pick up the Aaron Donald trolling of the 49ers??? What did he say?

by rams1974
2 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   514  
Veteran

Kyle Shanahan in the Super Bowl by the numbers:

Max % of winning SB51: 99.6%
Max % of winning SB54: 95%
Max % of winning SB58: 85%

Chance of losing all 3 = 0.4% x 5% x 15% = 0.003%
1 in 33,333 chance.

It's not the best of all possible worlds, but it's right up there.

• 13 / 13
126 posts May 12 2024