8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by RAMMAN76
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

The Staffords were prepared to hear their fair share of boos when they returned to Detroit Sunday for the Rams Wild Card matchup against the Lions.

But they weren’t expecting their kids to get booed.

Kelly Stafford, wife of current Rams QB and former Lions QB Matthew Stafford, says she was ready for a good ribbing from the fans in the city where she and her husband began their NFL life. However, she did not take kindly to having her kids booed, which she says happened during the Rams 24-23 loss to the Lions.
“It’s sports,” Kelly said on Instagram Monday. “The city wants to win. Everything is fair game … except the fans who booed my children.”Other than that, I loved the atmosphere and the booing just gave my husband more fire.”

by actionjack
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

It was very telling in Stafford's pressor after the game. A journalist asked a soft ball question, "are you happy for the City of Detroit". Stafford responds, "I happy for the players".

That tells me Matthew was less than happy with the reception.

by Kid Charlamagne
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

A lot of lions fans were happy for Stafford having success but this time he’s standing in their way and suddenly he’s responsible for all the years of misery they’ve endured.
Kelly has had run ins with opposing fans before so she shouldn’t be surprised by this. It’d be nice if you could go to an opposing stadium and just root for your team but sometimes that’s not the world we live in. She’s been in the game a long time but I think I’d be nervous about bringing my kids to some of these road venues.

by max
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5587  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Kid Charlamagne wrote:A lot of lions fans were happy for Stafford having success but this time he’s standing in their way and suddenly he’s responsible for all the years of misery they’ve endured.
Kelly has had run ins with opposing fans before so she shouldn’t be surprised by this. It’d be nice if you could go to an opposing stadium and just root for your team but sometimes that’s not the world we live in. She’s been in the game a long time but I think I’d be nervous about bringing my kids to some of these road venues.

It’s absurd to think you can’t take your kids to a football game because you should expect them to get verbally abused.

Stafford has given a lot of time, money, sweat, and tears to Detroit. Personally, I just lost the respect I had for Lions fans. And I had a lot of respect for them for many years.

The only thing that would change my mind now is if there was a public apology by the Lions organization.

Also, this should seal it forever in Staffords mind. Hes an LA Rams now and going forward. When Stafford goes into Canton, it will be McVay standing up there at the podium, not someone from Detroit. The Rams will have put him in the HOF. Thats the inconvenient truth.

I’m sure Stafford knew about the fans booing his kids when he was interviewed after the game. That explains why when he was asked if he was happy for the city of Detroit he said I’m happy for the players.

by BobCarl
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4322  
Superstar

Fans-Booed-Children wrote:The Staffords”
Anything the media writes about this is nothing but professional trolling. Expecting an apology from anyone, let alone the Lions organization is totally buying into the minds of a hook-line-and-sinker into rag writers, its ABSURED.

Visiting an NFL stadium is not a Mary Poppins movie, never was.

We live in America, people will be assholes.

by rams74
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1488  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

max wrote:It’s absurd to think you can’t take your kids to a football game because you should expect them to get verbally abused.

Stafford has given a lot of time, money, sweat, and tears to Detroit. Personally, I just lost the respect I had for Lions fans. And I had a lot of respect for them for many years.

The only thing that would change my mind now is if there was a public apology by the Lions organization.

Also, this should seal it forever in Staffords mind. Hes an LA Rams now and going forward. When Stafford goes into Canton, it will be McVay standing up there at the podium, not someone from Detroit. The Rams will have put him in the HOF. Thats the inconvenient truth.

I’m sure Stafford knew about the fans booing his kids when he was interviewed after the game. That explains why when he was asked if he was happy for the city of Detroit he said I’m happy for the players.

And from the Detroit viewpoint, sure, when Stafford asked out of Detroit, Lions' fans were sympathetic, knowing how hard he had worked for the Lions over the years. The narrative was that he deserved the chance to play for a winning organization after 12 years with the loser Lions. They were even happy for him when the Rams won it all.

But all that's changed now. The Lions are no longer losers. Goff has done what Stafford never could - win in the playoffs. Some of those fans have to have changed their opinion of Stafford asking out.

When Kurt Warner left the Rams, it wasn't his choice. It wasn't Goff's choice, either. But Stafford chose to leave the Lions. That's got to hurt, now that we know where the Lions were headed.

(Of course, none of that is an excuse for verbally abusing 4 little girls. There is no excuse for that.)

by 99Balloons
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   26  
Undrafted Free Agent

Fans will be fans. And some fans are assholes just like that little boy who gave the bird to Eli Manning in N.Y. and Manning gave the bird back. It's the fan's entitlement mentally that they paid a high priced ticket to watch football and the players deserved to be verbally abused since they get paid millions. It's an embarrassment to see adults teaching their children to show up at games and cuss out players when their team loses.

by bremillard
3 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   625  
Veteran

I lived in the Detroit area for 17 years so I understand their fans. When Stafford made the SB run their fans wore Rams Stafford jerseys and I mean thousands of them. Now they have their own team to root for so why wouldn't they bring it hard?

• 1 / 1
8 posts May 12 2024