185 posts
  • 8 / 19
 by ramsman34
4 months 16 hours ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

My fear in promoting Henny is that he has been sooo good at coaching the DL. And the players love him. That last part wouldn’t change by who handles the hands on , day to day with the DL.

Wink might be a good choice. Evero, does Staley still have it to be a DC?? His defenses were not good in SD.

by Haden
4 months 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   2139  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Belicheat is the biggest fraud in the history of coaching. Tom Brady left and won a SB. Belicheat went down the toilet to become one of the worst teams in the league. He is a terrible O coach and would have been an abject failure but for lucking into Tom Brady. I can't wait to see Belicheat get on with another sucker NFL team to watch him take that team down the toilet too. Maybe the Renters are stupid enough to hire him??? I wouldn't put anything past Spanos.

by PARAM
4 months 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The article says Jerod Mayo may be the leading canidate but I find it hard to ignore Vrabel's connection.

So this makes 8 coaching changes; 25% of the league. And that should make us even more grateful for McVay.....who is close to being the longest tenured head coach in Rams history. If he coaches through 2026, he'll have 10 years as the HC, 1 more than Robinson. Since he's been our coach, there have been 50 coaching changes in the NFL. The only teams not to make a change since 2017 are Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Buffalo and San Francisco with those last 2 making changes the same year the Rams hired McVay. SF is the only other NFC team to not make a change. Amazing!

As usual, we expected changes this year as we do every year, but there were 3 big surprises. Belichick, Carroll and Vrabel though Belichick rumors were rampant all year.

by bremillard
4 months 5 hours ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Haden wrote:Belicheat is the biggest fraud in the history of coaching. Tom Brady left and won a SB. Belicheat went down the toilet to become one of the worst teams in the league. He is a terrible O coach and would have been an abject failure but for lucking into Tom Brady. I can't wait to see Belicheat get on with another sucker NFL team to watch him take that team down the toilet too. Maybe the Renters are stupid enough to hire him??? I wouldn't put anything past Spanos.

I've been a Brady fan since he left M but he's only one of 22 starters. Yes the QB position is the most important but he could never have done what he did with a "fraud" for a coach.

by PARAM
4 months 5 hours ago
Hall of Fame

Haden wrote:Belicheat is the biggest fraud in the history of coaching. Tom Brady left and won a SB. Belicheat went down the toilet to become one of the worst teams in the league. He is a terrible O coach and would have been an abject failure but for lucking into Tom Brady. I can't wait to see Belicheat get on with another sucker NFL team to watch him take that team down the toilet too. Maybe the Renters are stupid enough to hire him??? I wouldn't put anything past Spanos.

Lots of speculation on sports talk the last few days. Possible landing spots mentioned are Washington and the Chargers, with the latter being the best spot because of the QB. Wouldn't it be wacky if he ended up in Tennessee?

Just like with the firings, there will be some surprises with the hirings. And guys being mentioned most prominently for head coaching jobs are mostly on the defensive side.

Belichick, Vrabel, Morris, Johnson (OC), Quinn and MacDonald.

That's okay if they're matched up with a solid QB.

So what teams have that? LA (Herbert), Tennessee (Levis?).

Gonna be interesting.

by ramsman34
4 months 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Commanders have all requested to interview Raheem. He’s going somewhere me thinks. He’d have the Chargers in the playoffs next year after he poaches our personnel dept 😡

by PARAM
3 months 4 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Commanders have all requested to interview Raheem. He’s going somewhere me thinks. He’d have the Chargers in the playoffs next year after he poaches our personnel dept 😡

He should be somewhere else next year leading a team. But he had interviews after 2021 too. And some last year. I wish I had as much confidence in NFL owners as you do. Maybe, because he's mentioned so much these days for the job he's done, he'll be difficult to pass on and he'll land a gig. I'm not being biased here but IMHO he's the most qualified canidate league wide, due to his coaching both sides of the ball, his experience as a head coach and his leadership/communicafion skills. And I will be sorry to see him go.

• 8 / 19
185 posts May 12 2024