19 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38806  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I know this is kind of weird and maybe i shouldn't be posting but i'm pretty confident the poster we know as moklerman passed away January 24th.

And this was posted by a friend on what i'm pretty certain is mokler's Facebook page:

Today is tough. It's the first time Andy isn't here to celebrate his birthday. I met this new kid Andy Mokler in 5th grade when we were 10 years old. We instantly became inseparable buddies and confident nerds. I was lucky enough to have this awesome man in my life for 40 years. At different stages we were best friends, coworkers and even roommates. In our 20s, life took us in two very different directions and we would start to drift apart over the next 3 decades. But we always checked in and visited when we could. I would love to see his face just one more time.

Andy was brilliant, handsome, courteous, talented and always dressed better than any of us. As both only-children, we bonded quickly and ascended to the role of brothers quite naturally. My head is flooding with memories of him that helped framed my personality. Andy was always a part of it. And that laugh. To see the joy in his eyes when he chuckled. Andy was one of those people you would be better for having known. Smart, kind, sometimes stubborn and one of the most talented artists I will ever meet.
I will miss those bus trips to the mall, going to the theater and drawing all the NFL helmet logos. You are and always will be one of a kind.

I still can't say goodbye to you, dear Andy. So I guess I will just say until I see you again. Love you forever, brother.

And this from the Facebook page of Man Bites Dog Emporium:

Hello customers and followers of Man Bites Dog Emporium, I want to let you know that at this time there is no planned funeral service for Andy. His family did contact me and will advise the shop of any future plans to honor him. The only item I can add is that Andy should be smiling with the victory of the Los Angeles Rams over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday at the Super Bowl.

mokler hadn't posted here much lately but he did post pretty regularly at the original herd and his last post there was the morning of January 24th.

So for these and a few other reasons, i'm pretty sure i have this right but i have also reached to people who would know for sure and will let you know if/what i hear back.

by Elvis
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38806  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Even though i never met the guy i've known mokler from Rams fan forums for probably 20 years. We've had our ups and downs and like a lot of us he had his eccentricities but no one could ever doubt he was a knowledgeable long time Rams fan...

by Hacksaw
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

WOW. Sounds like you may have that right. If so, I'm glad he got to see the Rams take the title. He went out on top.
We had a few disagreements over the years but we always ended well.
Sad new Elvis.

by AvengerRam
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Damn. We certainly didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but I’d never question his loyalty as a fan. It would be particularly sad if he were not around to see the team finally hoist the trophy in L.A.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2097  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Wow. Sounds like he was only in his 60's. 99.8% probability this is our missing poster.

by sloramfan
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

really shitty news guys...

doesn't matter if you ever agreed or disagreed with his takes..

just sucks...period...

rip mokler

slo

by RamBro
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   52  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I knew him. He loved the Rams. He really wanted Bradford to succeed lol. RIP my old friend.

by CanuckRightWinger
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I remember moklerman as the witty poster with that moniker of Rodney Dangerfield throwing a football & wearing a red HOOTERS U sweatshirt (probably from Rodney's movie BACK TO SCHOOL.
Mocklerman was a reasoned and a humorous poster.

Sorry to hear the bad news about his passing. :(

Maybe he is up in Heaven having a couple of cold ones with Rodney! I hope so...

by snackdaddy
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9692  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

If he did pass Jan 24 then he didn't get to witness the Rams knocking off the hated 49ers and hoisting the Lombardi trophy two weeks later. But I have a feeling he knows wherever he is. RIP Mokler.

by RedAlice
1 year 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

RIP Mokler.

Definitely a dedicated Rams fan.

• 1 / 2
19 posts May 26 2024