50 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by Kid Charlamagne
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

How are Jimmy and Baker backups? Jimmy was stuck behind Brady and left so he could start and Baker started right away IIRC, and they’re the best options for the 2 teams that have backups but no proven starter, the hags and panthers. Most of the others on this list have been true backups, guys who come off the bench, start for a while and go back to the bench.
Maybe they’re both better suited to be backups but right now I wouldn’t expect them on this list.

by Joe Pendleton
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

effen' hags.. (i'm already to run it back:)

by Hacksaw
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Cleveland has 2 on that list. Since DW won't likely play, just 1.

Tre is starting in SF? What does the list maker know we don't?

Would Wolford make the top 32? I still think we are dead if Stafford goes down.

by actionjack
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Cleveland has 2 on that list. Since DW won't likely play, just 1.

Tre is starting in SF? What does the list maker know we don't?

Would Wolford make the top 32? I still think we are dead if Stafford goes down.

Wolford sure looked terrible in the few plays he got in last year. Looked rattled. Small sample size but didnt look right. Hopefully Perkins wins the job in preseason.

by snackdaddy
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9690  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'd rate Bridgewater as the best backup. As long as he's on the right team. He may not be as talented as a lot of other QB's but he can manage the game well enough on a good team. I'm surprised Garoppolo is even listed as a backup. Trey Lance may not be ready. Or, if they think he is ready quite a few people around the league think the whiners will either trade or release Garoppolo before the guaranteed money kicks in. Personally I think its a helluva risk to get rid of him when they still don't know what they have in Lance.

by CanuckRightWinger
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

IMO, Sean McVay knows Quarterbacks.

I mean after our 2020 loss in Green Bay (& who knows, maybe even after that MessInMiami) McVay sniffed-out that his inherited #1 overall 2016 Draft Pick Jared Goff was not going to take us to Lombardiville, so he traded Goff and his fat contract and lack-of-leader-skills to Detroit (and a boatload of Draft Treasure) for the much older & more combat-worn Matthew Stafford.

That move seemed to work out pretty good for us Ramsnation types eh! :!2: :arrow2: 8-)

So, if Sean McVay is happy having Wolford as Los Ramos backup QB for 2022....who am I to question McVay and his Quarterback Whispering abilities, huh?

Regarding WRs/TEs though, McVay seems to go thru them pretty fast.

Since his 2017 arrival in LA, McVay has plugged them in and then fairly quickly tossed the following:
Sammy Watkins
Pharoh Cooper
Derek Carrier
Tavon Austin
Brandin Cooks
Robert Woods.....the exception with 5 loyal seasons with McVay
DeSean Jackson
Gerald Everett.....played out his 4 year rookie contract in a backup role
Josh Reynolds....same/same as Everett

Of course we all know there is turnover all the time in the NFL, but clearly McVay is not afraid of jettisoning WRs.....even bigger names like Watkins, Cooks and DJax. He tossed a pretty big name at RB too in Todd Gurley as well!! :idea2:

I am guessing Wolford knows the Playbook cold.....and I assume Wolford practices to a higher level than what we've witnessed with him at the tale end of the 2020 season versus the Cards and Seahawks.....and so Sean McVay is content to keep the WolfOfWallStreet as our backup for 2022. Hey, if it works for Sean......I'm good.

I worry more about our 2022 OLine, with Whit gone and a rookie looking to start for Corbett at RG....than I fret about our backup QB Wolford. JMO.

by Hacksaw
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Joe Pendleton wrote:effen' hags.. (i'm already to run it back:)

Hags? They aren't on that lista amigo.
Ah, , what the hell, , F the Hags anyway !!!

by Joe Pendleton
1 year 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

Kid Charlamagne wrote:How are Jimmy and Baker backups? Jimmy was stuck behind Brady and left so he could start and Baker started right away IIRC, and they’re the best options for the 2 teams that have backups but no proven starter, the hags and panthers. Most of the others on this list have been true backups, guys who come off the bench, start for a while and go back to the bench.
Maybe they’re both better suited to be backups but right now I wouldn’t expect them on this list.

by Joe Pendleton
1 year 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

sorry Hack, i need to be schooled on how to quote properly.. i saw "the hags" (line 2), and it made me cringe

• 1 / 5
50 posts May 18 2024