70 posts
  • 1 / 7
 by NJRAMFAN1
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   146  
United States of America   Jersey
Practice Squad

Per Profootballtalk:

The Seahawks are officially rebooting. Or rebuilding. They’re definitely not reloading.

Via multiple reports, the Seahawks are releasing veteran linebacker Bobby Wagner. He was the last man standing from the team’s Super Bowl XLVIII championship in 2012.

The move creates $16.6 million in cap space, wiping out the final year of his four-year deal. He leaves behind a $3.75 million cap charge for 2022, which the Seahawks would have carried, whether he was on the team or not.

Because the Seahawks are releasing Wagner, he immediately becomes a free agent. He gets a head start on free agency; he can sign with any other team at any time.

Wagner is an eight-time Pro Bowler and a five-time All-Pro. At 31, he may have a few solid years left with a new team.

He is from LA. Imagine him on our D? Get it done McSnead!!!

by CRamsFly
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I’d rather have Von before him but if Von goes elsewhere, Wagner and Jones tandem works for me!

by Hacksaw
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Lets get both. Splish splash.

by AvengerRam
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

It would be a great move, not only from the standpoint of improving our run defense and bringing on additional veteran leadership, but also for the benefits associated with watching Seahawks fans' heads explode.

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

wow, i didn't know how close we came to getting him.. love that cat, anyone know if we can afford him?

by Hacksaw
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

If they can swing it somehow our 'run it back' just got more real.
My guess, if he wants to stick it to Seattle and stay in the division, he ends up in SF. Just a hunch.

by Elvis
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Like Jourdan said, Rams don't usually pay for ILB and they like Jones a lot but you never know with these Rams. It's a fool's errand to think you know what they're gonna do...

• 1 / 7
70 posts May 18 2024