11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The Rams are the World Champions, dramatic winners of Superbowl LVI. Our desires have been realized. Top of the NFL world, if not top of the sports world. It doesn't get any better than this, short of doing it again next year. The way they did it.....going 5-1 down the stretch, over coming a comfortable division lead the Cardinals enjoyed, then winning the last 2 playoff games in the final minutes. They did the same thing to win the Superbowl. Ironically, that has been underplayed perhaps because they were favored to win in the first place. It was a quite a performance. So now what?

For fans, it's certainly something to be enjoyed until it's time to start all over again. Hell, I bought a new Rams jacket before the playoffs started, then a new "Superbowl Bound" jersey between the NFCCG and the Superbowl and of course all the post Superbowl gear. A hat, a t-shirt, a hooded sweatshirt, a framed collage with a ticket for every round and finally another jacket that says, Superbowl LVI Champion Rams. I will wear them all proudly, along with all the other Rams gear I own.

When free agency starts and the draft is done, we will lose some guys and have some new guys joining the franchise. There will be OTA's, camp, preseason and finally the beginning of a new season. We will expect them to repeat but we know, if we're realistic, those are extreme odds to overcome. We have a first place schedule including a matchup with the toughest division in the AFC, not to mention that proverbial SB target on our backs. It won't be easy but then neither was the 2021 season and postseason.

So what I'm looking for is a defending Champion type season. A season that will undoubtedly include some disappointments but also some clutch performances. We won't be the favorites going in, like the GOAT-led Bucs because Tom Brady isn't our QB and the Chiefs and Bills have already been given that title. And that's fine with me because we play both of them this year. We may be the favorites in the NFC, if Rodgers leaves Green Bay, so I'm hoping he stays. I want the Rams to be over looked. I want them to begin the season with a chip on their shoulder as disrespected Champions.

We don't know what the next couple of months will bring but I have unbridled confidence in the guys running the show and the players on the team. For the former, they have been called out on some "mistakes" and the later had to overcome so much to win it all. I began this essay with the desire to convey realistic 2022 expectations....it's not impossible to repeat just extremely unlikely....but after all that I'm thinking, "screw the odds, why can't we win it all again!!" We now have a head coach, a great QB and one of the best players ever on our defense who KNOW they can win it all. Man, it's really a great time to be Rams fan!!!

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

we are running "the thing back" my peeps, i'm betting house money we repeat!!!

by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

I watch the Herd a lot. DVR it and fast forward past the basketball stuff. I care about football and little else, particularly with baseball screwing around. So I watch todays show and he's dissing on Rodgers and Mayfield and Murray. Then I stumble on this interesting piece.

He says the Rams could be the next dynasty and he makes a good point. He says there are 10 teams in the NFC who are pretenders. No chance at the Superbowl. Philly, NYG, Washington, Minnesota. Chicago, Detroit, Carolina, Atlanta and now that Brady and Brees/Payton are gone Tampa and New Orleans. That leaves the Rams, Seattle, Dallas, San Fran, Green Bay and Arizona.

The Rams have the best head coach in the league and a great QB who is better than Rodgers in big games and the 4th quarter. The rest?
Arizona / Drama
Seattle / Drama
Dallas / McCarthy & Dak, not enough
San Fran/ Is Lance going to be any good?
Green Bay / If Rodgers leaves forget it, if they pay him #1 money the roster suffers.

He asks "is anybody paying attention? These guys have the best coach, the best QB and a GM who's figured out a better way to do things. These guys could become a dynasty"

He's always said Brady and Belichick are great but they had nobody challenging them in the East. They were guaranteed the division and usually a bye. If the Colts and Manning weren't moved to the South in re-alignment they don't win as many Superbowls. It's your talent AND the situation around you. He's right.

Pete Carroll and USC owned the conference until Chip Kelly got to Oregon and Harbaugh to Stanford. Now Nick Saban has ruled the SEC but Georgia has arrived and A&M has a legit coach. Alabama got beat this year. He says watch the Murray, Wilson, Lance and Rodgers things because if they don't figure it out, who's gonna stop the Rams? Nobody.

by 69RamFan
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I save some people some time from reading on what you wrote about what Cowherd said,

They can just watch and listen,,, J/K.... :D :D :D

by 99Balloons
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   26  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

The Rams use the Niners as the measuring stick in the division.

Every new season starts with beating those Niners that have been the Rams’ kryptonite for years. When the Rams beat the Niners in the NFCGG, I knew they would go on to win the Super Bowl. Because those Niners played dirty, nasty and tough. So when the Rams played the Niners at their own game with physicality and advanced to the Super Bowl, I knew that the Rams were battle tested and could come from behind to win it all.

So next year, the Niners will be hungrier. But the Rams will be hungrier too to repeat as World Champions and use those bad, nasty Bang Bang Niner Gang as the litmus test to advance to the playoffs.

Any team that survives and rules the NFC West will come out as Super Bowl Champions.

by actionjack
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4024  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

The biggest challenge to the Rams will be that 1st place schedule and probably not being as hungry.

I do agree the niners are the Rams biggest challenge. They have a 3rd place schedule. However can Trey Lance be the guy? Huge question.

Like others have mentioned the division is key, if we dont win the division it will be tough to get to the Super Bowl, but it always tough. Cant wait for the fun to begin!

by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:The biggest challenge to the Rams will be that 1st place schedule and probably not being as hungry.

I do agree the niners are the Rams biggest challenge. They have a 3rd place schedule. However can Trey Lance be the guy? Huge question.

Like others have mentioned the division is key, if we dont win the division it will be tough to get to the Super Bowl, but it always tough. Cant wait for the fun to begin!

I think that's what CC was trying to say. The Rams biggest challenge is inside the division. Dallas will win the East again but McCarthy will find a way to screw that up. Green Bay with Rodgers will win the North but regular season Rodgers will fold again in the postseason. The South is probably still Tampa's to lose despite Brady being gone, so does that make them a threat? It comes down to winning the division and the NFC West has some huge question marks. Murray's agent (and Murray) have given the Cardinals an ultimatum. How will that shake out? The niners are probably going to roll with Lance. A success? Carroll in Seattle is desperate and probably on the hot seat. Isn't he past his prime? The Rams need to keep on keeping on the path they've chosen and they have a great chance to be the creme of the conference.

by Gareth
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I guess there's no real reason to play the coming season. I mean it's so obvious what's going to happen.

by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:I guess there's no real reason to play the coming season. I mean it's so obvious what's going to happen.

Who the hell would want that? What would we do on Sundays....and probably 6 prime time nights?

• 1 / 2
11 posts May 13 2024