13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

.....have a lot to talk about, I mean other than "those ticky tacky penalties" on the Rams last drive. So they're debating Matthew Stafford's legacy.

"Is he a HOFer? He doesn't have an Superbowl MVP. He doesn't have a league MVP. Hell Joe Flacco has a SB MVP. Is he a HOFer?"

Ridiculous. Did Matthew Stafford have a chance....I mean a good chance.....to be league MVP his 12 years in Detroit? Did he have any chance to be the SB MVP prior to his joining the Rams?
Laughable.

There are some on media defending his honor.

"The guy is 5th in 4th quarter comebacks for his career but all folks said was 'that's because he was always trailing in Detroit and many times he was trailing because of his poor play'. Well, he had the best QB rating in the 2nd half and 4th quarter in 2021, took his team on a 15 play 79 yard game winning drive in the closing minutes of the Superbowl and that was playing for the 12-5 SB Champion Rams. So it wasn't Detroit was it?"

The guy has 49995 yards passing, 323 touchdown passes, has just posted his best QB rating of his career (for a full season of play) and he's got at least 5 years left to go. Would it surprise anybody if he finished 2022 with 55,000 yards and 370 TD passes? Would it surprise anybody if he got the Rams back to Superbowl 57? Would it surprise anybody if he won league MVP? I know it wouldn't shock me. Especially if OBJ recovers and stays with the Rams.

The other thing the talking heads are discussing is the buying of a Superbowl.

I had that discussion last night when I attended....against my better judgement....a Superbowl party. I was in the company of a couple of Tampa fans, a Green Bay fan, a Denver fan and a 49er fan. It didn't take long for one of the Tampa fans to prove his ignorance.

Buc fan: "The Rams bought their way into this Superbowl"
Me: "Really? Who did they buy?"
Buc fan: "Stafford, Miller, OBJ"
Me: "They traded for Stafford and Miller, and signed OBJ because the Browns tossed him to the curb. Didn't the Bucs spend money for Brady and AB then trade for Gronk last year? So you're saying the Bucs bought the SB last year?"
Buc fan: "But Brady was 44 years old"
Me: "Yeah but WTF does age have to do with money? Tell me, do you want him back next year?"
Buc fan: "yeah"
Niner fan: "But you guys gave away two 1st round picks for Ramsey and two for Stafford!"
Me: "Smarter than the niners who gave away 2 first round picks for a backup QB!! Oh look Stafford just threw his second TD pass, to the guy we drafted in the 3rd round!! How many TD passes did Lance have this year?"

Crickets

Needless to say, I stayed for the first half, then went home to enjoy the rest of the game. It never fails to amaze me how fans can be so self-unaware.

Buc fan: "Hey good luck in the second half. Don't worry though. If they lose, they'll go out and buy some more guys"
Me: "I'm not worried. And I'm sure Bengal fans aren't worried Joe Cool will retire after losing the SB!! As far as buying guys, many are actually asking to play in L.A.. It's a primo destination baby, not the #3 Florida beach town."

I don't think I'll be invited next year.

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Lmfao dude

by Lancer
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   179  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

These were the exact arguments made by the boys at the local elementary here school as to why the Rams “won.”

Coincidentally, they happened to be the same students who declared quite vocally they did not want the Rams to win.

(Maybe some of these were their parents? :D )

by 99Balloons
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   26  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

The NFL pundits out there telling the narrative to non-Rams fans that the Rams were “all in” and making it sounded like the Rams bought their Super Bowl trophy a la the 200 Washington Redskins or 2011 Philadelphia Eagles. But that was further from the truth.

At the beginning of every NFL season, every team has to go all in. There’s NO TEAM that doesn’t go all in to win the Super Bowl.

If a team goes only half-heartedly or commit a quarter way through and produces an inferior product and outcome, the fans must demand their money back because the team sucks.

Of course every team has to go all in or else the fans can spend their hard-earned dollars somewhere else. For these NFL talking heads, they might as well write for gossipy, trashy news outlets for Rupert Murdoch or the National Inquirer.

It’s totally trash columnists.

by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

By saying the Rams were "all in" in 2021, they're inferring they weren't all in in 2017-2020. Right?

They weren't all in acquiring Whit, Sullivan, Woods and Watkins in 2017. Cooks, Peters, Talib, Suh and Fowler in 2018. Ramsey, Kenny Young, Corbett in 2019. Floyd, Gay, A'Shawn Robinson in 2020?

No, when you acquire a new QB, that's the only time you are going all in! The Rams went all in when they took a chance on a 30 year old head coach in 2017 and have been all in every year since. Because we were called All In BEFORE aquiring Miller and OBJ.

Its only a story if its a headline.

But the true headline should be "nobody goes all in like the Rams". Every year!

by Hacksaw
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Its' good to be in LA with all the weather and entertainment business opportunities.
It's good to have an amazing young trend setting coach.
It's good to have the greatest stadium in the world.
It's good to have the coolest uniforms in the league (*even though they're not as cool as before).
It's really good that we have a fabulous team and are the champions of the league.

If we had won that game decisively decisively there'd be no room to talk. It was a dog fight all the way through with some sloppy officiating to boot. The talk of an asterisk win because of a flag is just the game viewed through Orange colored glasses with a helping of sour grapes.

Now let our braintrust build this team to repeat and win the next one decisively so there's no question.

by Hacksaw
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

PARAM wrote:But the true headline should be "nobody goes all in like the Rams". Every year!

Exactly. The whole premise of buying a chip is ridiculous. Sure the LA Rams hoarded a bunch of stars. Everyone else woulda if they coulda. Pretty cool us and what fan isn't a bit envious? That's what this "all in" baloney is all about, , imo.

by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Exactly. The whole premise of buying a chip is ridiculous. Sure the LA Rams hoarded a bunch of stars. Everyone else woulda if they coulda. Pretty cool us and what fan isn't a bit envious? That's what this "all in" baloney is all about, , imo.

Yeah it's media BS.

Didn't Arizona go all in with JJ Watt, Zack Ertz this year? After acquiring DHop the previous year? Kansas City weren't going all in when they acquired Joe Thuney, Orlando Brown, Kyle Long and Jarren Reed? SF trading 2 first round picks to get Lance? Getting C Alex Mack?

It's ridiculous but it makes a good story....no matter what. First the story and labeling them all in. Then if they win, "see, they went all in and won it" or if they lost, "see, they went all in and lost anyway".

Before acquiring Miller and OBJ, the Rams drafted 8 of their 11 offensive starters and 7 of their defensive starters. Like we keep saying, it's ridiculous. I suppose, now that we've won, we won't be all in next year?

by AvengerRam
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Those who are complaining about the officiating are absurd.

1. The Bengals literally got a TD from a bad non-call.
2. The call against the Bengals, though close, was a penalty (though, perhaps, better described as pass interference rather than holding).
3. The refs failed to call a blatant holding penalty one play before the flag was thrown.
4. The Rams may very well have scored on the next play had the penalty not been called.
5. The whole "but they weren't calling penalties all game" argument is total BS, as the Rams had just had a TD called back based on a close (though, like the call against the Bengals, legitimate) holding call on Hav.

So, to all who are whining about the officiating I simply say... you molest collies.

by actionjack
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4025  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Still hearing the same narrative that the Rams were all in and that their future is mortgaged. They think the Bengals are in much better shape for the future :shock2:

Acho is one of the few that gets it, even though he thinks McVay was behind it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... bowl+wiley

• 1 / 2
13 posts May 13 2024