82 posts
  • 6 / 9
 by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12295  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:well if gurley has success with the falcons he can join warner in saying that he considers himself an ex-falcon the way that warner has said he considers himself an ex-cardinal, and when he talks about the falcons after he retires he can refer to them as "we" as warner continues to do with the cards.

Oh that will pass with time. You can't convince me when Warner is 80 and not on TV anymore, he won't be glad to be associated with TGSOT. If he's being honest, he's an ex-Ram, and ex-Giant and an ex-Cardinal!!! The difference between Gurley and Warner is Warner went to 3 Superbowls and won one. Gurley disappeared (for whatever reason) in the only one he played.

by JackPMiller
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

We have a weak schedule this season. We play the NFC East, and the AFC East. Plus we have the Chicago at home, and the Bears struggle on the road. I can see at least 10 wins, based on what I feel may be our weakest schedule in a long time.

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:You don't bring in all brand new Co-Ordinators for D, O, and STs if you think you were only SO close last year.

As always, JMO.

Well I think that's just it.
He didnt make the wholesale changes when they were so-close in 2018, though there were warts visible, though masked by winning
I get the feeling that McVay is growing and building the team with his types and in a way he got helped out by nearly missing the playoffs. They make the playoffs and win a game or two and those decisions become that much harder to make.
Lets face it, the D has been suspect since they took over and was very similar to what was prior. Dominant at times, but terribly ineffective at times as well

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think we're going to be better next year than we were last year.

We may not have "more talent," but I think the pieces that will be put in place will fit better than what we had last year.

Just a feeling, but I'm sticking with it...

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I think we're going to be better next year than we were last year.

Ok, but how do you think they'll be THIS year?

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Ok, but how do you think they'll be THIS year?

"Next year" (in this context) was intended to mean the 2020 season.

I think we'll be a better team in 2020 than we were in 2019.

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:"Next year" (in this context) was intended to mean the 2020 season.

I think we'll be a better team in 2020 than we were in 2019.

Was trying to be funny....

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Was trying to be funny....

Oh, I know. I just wanted to clarify before aeneas1 spent an hour preparing a comprehensive spreadsheet comparing years 2 and 3 post-Super Bowl loss by West Coast teams to evaluate the likelihood of my gut feeling coming to fruition.

And, yes... I'm trying to be funny too. 8-)

by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12295  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Just a couple of wild and crazy guys!!!

by Neil039
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:I think we're going to be better next year than we were last year.

We may not have "more talent," but I think the pieces that will be put in place will fit better than what we had last year.

Just a feeling, but I'm sticking with it...

After I read your post all I could think about was the song Hooked on a Feeling. Lol..sorry

• 6 / 9
82 posts May 18 2024