4 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by den-the-coach
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

This from oldschoolramfan off the Herd Board...God I hope he's right!

Since when do the owners meet that close to the start of the season?

Here's the meeting agenda...........
1. They will start with a vote on allowing the Rams to relocate.
2. Vote will be YES.
3. No way the Chargers and Raiders share a stadium. Not even going to happen. Thus, they will check to see where these 2 teams are as far as stadium issues.
4. Both teams will be given a deadline to present a "viable" stadium proposal.
5. Meeting is adjourned.

Super Bowls will dictate the Stadium locations. The NFL wants San Diego as a Super Bowl town.
1. Rams get approval to move to L.A.
2. Chargers will get a new stadium in San Diego.
3. Raiders will stay in Oakland.......OR........They will relocate to St.Louis in a nice new stadium. They will change their name and change team colors. It will all be put to a vote and the city will adopt them as their new team. Just like the Houston Oilers did in Tenn. The league will finally be free from the "Raider Nation" and all it brings to the table, and they will have shiny new stadiums in L.A. and San Diego where they can make bank on the leagues biggest payday of the year.

Watching that demolition of the grandstands in Hollywood Park really put a lot of things in to perspective.

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The accelerated time line sure looked like the writing on the wall for those cities. Curios, how does he quantify that scenario? It makes sense and I would certainly be thrilled to not only get the Rams back but to only get the Rams back.
If that scenario did play out, I would truly hope that the Raiders org leaves the Silver and Black uni in Oakland ala Cleveland Browns. I think StL and Oak would prefer that.
If a deal in SD could work out that would be great. I'm just not sure they care about superbowl's in SD or not though

by TomSlick
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

It is hard to see a relocation vote of the RAMS in August as that would destroy the season ticket purchases for this season. Granted, that would be the honest thing to do. Be upfront with people so that the folks who put city first could bail on the team with a clear conscience.

If Raiders leave their uniforms and name in Oakland then that franchise is dead. Oakland will never build a new stadium. The city's only hope is the future owner builds the whole thing with his own dough because the city is broke and elects ridiculous mayors.

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

TomSlick wrote:It is hard to see a relocation vote of the RAMS in August as that would destroy the season ticket purchases for this season. Granted, that would be the honest thing to do. Be upfront with people so that the folks who put city first could bail on the team with a clear conscience.

If Raiders leave their uniforms and name in Oakland then that franchise is dead. Oakland will never build a new stadium. The city's only hope is the future owner builds the whole thing with his own dough because the city is broke and elects ridiculous mayors.

Agreed Tom. I don't think there will be an announcement even if a decision is made in August. To many lame duck feathers will be flying around.. Although if Carson is shut down it might be better for ticket sales in SD and Oak but bye bye leverage. Not to mention a bad sign for StL. I doubt they say a word.

My thought was if the Raiders moved to StL and changed there name and colors, they'd be deader, er,, more dead. At least if they kept the colors in Oakland, if some rich dude did come along, (which wouldn't surprise me) he could dust off the old silver and black, eye patch and all.

Mark probably wont do it though as he might set off 'the big one' when Al rolls over in his grave.

• 1 / 1
4 posts Mar 28 2024