142 posts
  • 14 / 15
 by Stranger
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Josey Wales wrote:Bud's in his 90's and could still whip your ass....lol

Did you see him in short sleeves at the playoff game in 2015? The one that was like 6 degrees below zero at kickoff? Even old and broken, he's a bad man!

I honestly vaguely remember the team in the 70's, I was a toddler, but I get the hate factor of teams that have tortured fans over the years.

Ed White certainly could have whipped my a$$ as well. Didn't stop me from telling him what I thought. :)

Oh, and I didn't hold back on what I thought about Fran T or Chuck Foreman either :)

Yeah, the pain never leaves. Only the stadiums change :)

by Josey Wales
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   31  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Just out of curiosity, was there dirty play involved in those games, or was it just the losses that are the source of the angst?

And FTR, feel free to unload on me all you want, I keep my big-boy pants on at all times.....I can take it. :)

by dieterbrock
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Josey Wales wrote:Just out of curiosity, was there dirty play involved in those games, or was it just the losses that are the source of the angst?

And FTR, feel free to unload on me all you want, I keep my big-boy pants on at all times.....I can take it. :)

I dont have any angst with the Vikings. And if the Rams are out of it, and the Vikes are in, I'll root for you guys.

by Josey Wales
6 years 4 months ago
Undrafted Free Agent

dieterbrock wrote:I dont have any angst with the Vikings. And if the Rams are out of it, and the Vikes are in, I'll root for you guys.

Sorry, I meant that as a reply/question to "Stranger", but I (as usual) screwed the pooch in quoting someone else.

But glad to hear that anyway. And as I've stated.....same here regarding myself and the Rams.

by TomSlick
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:I dont have any angst with the Vikings. And if the Rams are out of it, and the Vikes are in, I'll root for you guys.

I don't know you anymore.

by TomSlick
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Josey Wales wrote:BTW, not that it really matters but....I put in a pic for my avatar when I signed on a week ago. How long does it usually take before it's approved?

I guess you haven't heard. Apparently, all the moderators have been walking around with their bathrobes undone and their schlongs hanging out. Doing that at Disneyland has repercussions...On the plus side, I hear they looked a damn sight better than Charlie Rose.

by Josey Wales
6 years 4 months ago
Undrafted Free Agent

TomSlick wrote:I guess you haven't heard. Apparently, all the moderators have been walking around with their bathrobes undone and their schlongs hanging out. Doing that at Disneyland has repercussions...On the plus side, I hear they looked a damn sight better than Charlie Rose.

LOL!

Superb!

by Hacksaw
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

TomSlick wrote:I guess you haven't heard. Apparently, all the moderators have been walking around with their bathrobes undone and their schlongs hanging out. Doing that at Disneyland has repercussions...On the plus side, I hear they looked a damn sight better than Charlie Rose.

:shock: 8-)

by Stranger
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Josey Wales wrote:Just out of curiosity, was there dirty play involved in those games, or was it just the losses that are the source of the angst?

Those games were freaks of circumstance.

Offensive false starts on the 1" line that squandered TD's. Blocked FG's leading to 99yrd TD returns. Freaky rainstorms that dramatically changed the balance of power between the teams.

It was year after year after year of watching the most bizarre of events leading to a Vike's win.

The, to add insult to injury, we had to then watch the Vike's get rolled in the subsequent SuperBowl.

There are no words that can describe the agony.

by Josey Wales
6 years 4 months ago
Undrafted Free Agent

Stranger wrote:Those games were freaks of circumstance.

Offensive false starts on the 1" line that squandered TD's. Blocked FG's leading to 99yrd TD returns. Freaky rainstorms that dramatically changed the balance of power between the teams.

It was year after year after year of watching the most bizarre of events leading to a Vike's win.

The, to add insult to injury, we had to then watch the Vike's get rolled in the subsequent SuperBowl.

There are no words that can describe the agony.

You realize our franchises mirror each other in many ways, right? That is with the exception of one HUGE factor....the Vikings have 4 Superbowl losses and 0 trophies! All those great teams amounted to bupkus.

The Blair Walsh shank 2 years ago...
The Favre interception against the Saints....
The Gary Anderson missed FG in 98, the ONLY one he missed all season...

And thats just the beginning, we've both felt crushing defeat, it just so happens that your darkest days seem to be attributable to the Vikings. With that said, have you forgotten the Kurt Warner-led blowout of the Vikings on the way to your Lombardi?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd take 10 crushing seasons by the same team for ONE of those.

• 14 / 15
142 posts Apr 18 2024