10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Gareth
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I'm sure most of you noticed that the Rams brought their stadium announcer to London. You could hear usual "WHOSE HOUSE?" and "IT IS 3RD DOWN!" chants that we get at the Coliseum. Does anyone know if that is typical for the London games? Is there anything else done to help out the "home" team?

Although it's not much, I like that the Rams at least did something to simulate a home game.

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I would think teams should bring their own guy. Its better than a local saying "A bloody first down! Jolly well good show chaps!"

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I'm still not sure how I feel about the home announcer but it was fun to hear him. Even my gal and friends who don't go to games were commenting, "who is that guy growling?" and cracking up.

Twikenham was all dressed in Blue and White with Rams logo's everywhere. It was kind of cool. All those fans of all those teams got a good look at our new Rams. I imagine Rams merchandise sales will rise..

by Elvis
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm pretty sure i could've heard that dude from London without the TV. BTW, i think the "Whose House" chant is a recording since it's exactly the same every time, but maybe it's live.

I'm not a fan but maybe i'll like him (and the Rams approach to stadium announcing) better when we're winning home games. So much of it is out of context with the game situation, and i'm a cranky old man...

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:I'm pretty sure i could've heard that dude from London without the TV. BTW, i think the "Whose House" chant is a recording since it's exactly the same every time, but maybe it's live.

I was talking to Danny about that at the Redskins game.
I started really listening and I noticed his 2nd 'who's house?" sounded like he almost coughed up a lung. The next time the crowd cooled off and he did it again, that 2nd 'who's house?" was much more clear throated.
I figure he does it live (or has more than one loop?).

In the UK game it might have been a recording..

by Gareth
6 years 5 months ago
Pro Bowl

I'm not a huge fan either but I like that they attempted to do SOMETHING to make it feel like a Rams home game.

by Elvis
6 years 5 months ago
Administrator

Gareth wrote:I'm not a huge fan either but I like that they attempted to do SOMETHING to make it feel like a Rams home game.

I agree with that, and i definitely noticed it.

by Gareth
6 years 5 months ago
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I agree with that, and i definitely noticed it.

Ah. This is what I was looking for. It seems they really did go out of the way this year to help their cause. Good for them.

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

That chant was super lound on TV compared to the Coliseum. They probably had more speakers. It was pretty cool.

by Elvis
6 years 5 months ago
Administrator

All though technically it's the governing body of rugby union in England's house...

• 1 / 1
10 posts Mar 28 2024