27 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by BobCarl
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

from a source with press credentials ...

State of the Team:
Backing up to my last thread I had said Mark Davis did not want to be like his father & have his hands involved in staff, etc. Either Wed or Thrs, (before the Chiefs game) Mark Davis, Jack Del Rio, Reggie McKenzie, Derek Carr, Mack, OC Downing & DC Ken Norton Junior had about a 3 hr meeting. Mark Davis expressed his frustrations & listened to ALL sides. Basically a meeting of IF there was any internal issues, speak now. He also said the team NEEDS to be better cannot have a drop off like this after a year like last year.

Afterwards, a meeting between Mark Davis, Jack Del Rio, & Reggie McKenzie. Davis basically said IF this gets ugly( the KC gm) things WILL need to change or be changed sooner rather then later.

As it sounds for now, Derek Carr spoke up & likely bought OC Todd Downing some more time. IF the offense can get on track & become a juggernaut & show improvement in the few wks. Todd Downing will likely stay on board. It's sounding like they're gonna pull a Musgrave @ seasons end & let Ken Norton Junior's contract expire & not renew it. However, we'll see. Pagano obviously would be next man up as DC.

FA/Trade:
So, with the trade deadline coming up on the 31st, doesn't appear anything or anyone is on the radar.No other FA either. Obi Melifonwu should be coming back really soon & Conley is looking to become IR'd. I think they're give Conley a little more time but team rushed him back for that 1 game & he didn't fully recover thus the pain & not being able to practice 100%.

Marshawn Lynch:
Team was not to happy w/ what he did. Jack Del Rio was furious. Told they will deal with it as a team & behind closed doors.

CB David Amerson:
Was demoted. Said he suffered a foot injury but wasn't to the degree he couldn't go back out there... this simply was a benching.

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Well, whatever they did sure seemed to work for the offense. Not so much for the defense. I think its more personnel thing with the defense. They need more talent in the secondary. If they're going to win it will be with the offense scoring points.

by BobCarl
6 years 5 months ago
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:Well, whatever they did sure seemed to work for the offense.
Most of the fans, (and they convinced me without much effort), blame the Offensive Coordinator for not calling enough pass plays downfield.

Not so much for the defense. I think its more personnel thing with the defense. They need more talent in the secondary. If they're going to win it will be with the offense scoring points.
Agree that more talent is necessary, for sure .... also many feel that Ken Norton Junior coaching is causing his defense to underachieve (except for Mack) ....though rookies (DT) Eddie Vanderdoes and (LB) Nick Morrow are pleasant surprises

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:Most of the fans, (and they convinced me without much effort), blame the Offensive Coordinator for not calling enough pass plays downfield.

Agree that more talent is necessary, for sure .... also many feel that Ken Norton Junior coaching is causing his defense to underachieve (except for Mack) ....though rookies (DT) Eddie Vanderdoes and (LB) Nick Morrow are pleasant surprises

There is no reason not to throw downfield with the talent they have. I love the Rams skill position talent but the Raiders are more talented at receiver. And while Goff is showing great promise, he's not yet on the level of Carr. Goff is on his way but Carr is already there.

by Claremontram
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
Rookie

Glad to see you follow the Raiders internal drama so closely. :?

by BobCarl
6 years 5 months ago
Superstar

Claremontram wrote:Glad to see you follow the Raiders internal drama so closely. :?
I'm glad you could finally meet me. ;)

by azramsfan93
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

No offense BobCarl, but this is a Rams forum, not Raiders. I don't speak for everyone, but I would guess that most of us could care less about the Oakland Raiders of Las Vegas. If your info had ANY angle that impacted the Rams it might be interesting, but it doesn't.

I know, I know, if you don't like don't click on it. I am just sure that this post would be much more appreciated on a Raiders forum.

There are also posts about the San Diego Chargers of Carson - which are somewhat more relevant to the Rams fanbase for obvious reasons.

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

This is a Rams forum, but also for NFL related posts. Which means if you have any other NFL related posts it goes here. Some forums have a separate section for other NFL related posts. This one is combined. So Bob, go ahead and post anything you want about the Raiders. I don't mind.

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

snackdaddy wrote:This is a Rams forum, but also for NFL related posts.

@azramsfan93, what he said..

1.JPG

• 1 / 3
27 posts Apr 16 2024