52 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by /zn/
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0713876196747647934-4

Rams coach Sean McVay: "We have experienced a lot of things in these first seven games, but by no means have we arrived. There's a lot of improvement that we can continue to focus on, both as coaches and players."

I think that's true. But it's true in this way--they're winning, and they need to get better, and they ARE getting better.

They need to keep getting better, BUT, unless they get some crucial injuries, I don't see any fatal flaws, though I do see things that need some fixing (redzone offense, Goff needs to find the 11-25 yard pass again).

by Indrid Cold
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   864  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Elmgrovegnome wrote:If they continue to play at this level then yes they will. The remaining schedule doesn't look that tough.

Agree with the first part. I don't see anyone on the schedule that we can't beat on a well-executed day. But now that Rodgers is hurt and Falcons suck on offense, other than NE or KC, I might say that about any team. How crazy is that?

Second statement, IMO it has surprisingly gotten tougher than pre-season projections or around Week 3. Top 4 teams in the NFC: Eagles, Vikes, Rams, Saints. Who had that? We play all three of the others. Saints were 0-2, and I had hard time believing Vikes would win with Keenum. He hasn't been that good other than TB game, but their D looks top notch (although Bears, Ravens aren't the quality of teams we are beating). Also, Texans with Savage looked much easier than Texans with Watson.

But yes, we'll be favored in the next 2 for sure. And we can without all things clicking...did the last 2 weeks. And playing the current top teams in the NFC certainly gives us a chance for key head-to-head tiebreakers. Then again, we have two H2H losses that could hurt. Probably be best if Wash loses tomorrow night.

by aeneas1
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

by BobCarl
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4306  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Neil039 wrote: The Rams can sign .... Tru ....
I'm ok if the Rams sign Tru to a team-friendly contract ... but I also want this team to sign a REAL #1 CB.

I'm also ok with bringing back Austin ... but only for $4-5 mill

by Elvis
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

max wrote:I’ve seen enough. I know a playoff team when I see one.

This team is going to the playoffs this year. I promise you.

I can't decide if this is a positive or negative indicator...

by rather
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

PARAM wrote:He's right. Rich Brooks started 5-1 and finished 2-8. SOSAR. There's a lot of work ahead and a tough schedule to navigate.

Ouch!! I'm all for perspective but that '95 Rams team did it with smoke and mirrors. Was fun but you knew it would catch up to them.

by dieterbrock
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Ouch!! I'm all for perspective but that '95 Rams team did it with smoke and mirrors. Was fun but you knew it would catch up to them.

Yeah, Chris Miller getting his 9th concussion really put a damper on that season. That, along with the defense giving up 120 points in the last 3 games... Eek...

by max
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I can't decide if this is a positive or negative indicator...

Take it the way that fits your personality.

by aeneas1
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Ouch!! I'm all for perspective but that '95 Rams team did it with smoke and mirrors. Was fun but you knew it would catch up to them.

yeah, that team was never headed anywhere, just a lousy offense... through the first 7 games the offense ranked 22nd (out of 30) in points scored, the defense propped them up in the early going, even scored points, and was ranked 10th in offensive points allowed through week 7... but it was never going to be a defense special enough to overcome the crappy offense in the long run.

• 2 / 6
52 posts Apr 24 2024