23 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I was wondering if we were going to go condiment again. Perhaps SF will wear black

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I was wondering if we were going to go condiment again. Perhaps SF will wear black

by TomSlick
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

RAMS use to dominate this rivalry...then the 90s came around. Then GSOT brought back the glory days. Then ineptitude struck again.

This game is going to be a big measuring stick for me on the early days of McVay. Win or lose, I think McVay is the right man for the job, but I can't stand the niners. If the RAMS can't beat them then I'll assume our personnel are worse than I thought and McVay's task will be much greater than expected.

AD still hasn't had much practice time so that may be an issue...again. Thanks for holding out, champ.

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

So totally agree @TomSlick. This is a statement game to the division. We can't grow until we get the bad taste from our mouths after what happened to us last year (twice).

BTW,, nice beach ! Where is it?

by TomSlick
6 years 6 months ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:So totally agree @TomSlick. This is a statement game to the division. We can't grow until we get the bad taste from our mouths after what happened to us last year (twice).

BTW,, nice beach ! Where is it?

Niners last 3 wins are all against us...only the RAMS.

The beach is Monastery beach in Carmel. There is a Monastery on the other side of HWY 1 from the beach, hence its name. The beach is also called Mortuary beach due to all the drownings. The picture is deceptive as it looks like a cove 50 yards across. It is really about 400 yards across. This was a calm day, usually you can hold a surfing competition here, except that since the beach is so steep ( 10 feet offshore and you are in 10 feet deep of water ) the waves crash right on the beach.

However, when calm it is one of the best scuba diving locations in California. 3000+ foot deep Carmel Submarine Canyon is just 200 yards offshore. Water temp is about 48 to 50 degrees. Lots of critters, big and small, in the water.

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

TomSlick wrote:
,,,,when calm it is one of the best scuba diving locations in California. 3000+ foot deep Carmel Submarine Canyon is just 200 yards offshore. Water temp is about 48 to 50 degrees. Lots of critters, big and small, in the water.

Thanks for the reply. Such a beautiful area..
I like to trunk it so I visit your area for the scenery.

And yes,, lot's of critters. Fortunately you won't see too any of the mean fish like Tiger Sharks, Hammerheads, Barracuda, poison Jellyfish, etc. Those cold blooded beasts don't like those temps.

Unfortunately the Elephant Seals like cold water and those warm blooded Orca's and Great Whites can hang in that water.

Did you know that not far from there (Santa Cruz / San Mateo county line) is the largest population of food, err, seals and by no coincidence the largest population of Great Whites on the entire west coast ?

Dinner : :shock:
dinner.JPG

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

Back on topic (sort of) perhaps we toss the 9'ers org in the water up there. :evil: :? 8-)

Tom's Place.JPG

by TomSlick
6 years 6 months ago
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Thanks for the reply. Such a beautiful area..
I like to trunk it so I visit your area for the scenery.

And yes,, lot's of critters. Fortunately you won't see too any of the mean fish like Tiger Sharks, Hammerheads, Barracuda, poison Jellyfish, etc. Those cold blooded beasts don't like those temps.

Unfortunately the Elephant Seals like cold water and those warm blooded Orca's and Great Whites can hang in that water.

Did you know that not far from there (Santa Cruz / San Mateo county line) is the largest population of food, err, seals and by no coincidence the largest population of Great Whites on the entire west coast ?

Dinner : :shock:
dinner.JPG

I dove there on Saturday and we did have the jellies that will sting you, though their presence is not very common in our waters. Yeah, the golden triangle for Great Whites is Stinson Beach, Farallon Islands and Half Moon Bay (a beautiful town). We are way south of the triangle and the thick kelp beds keep the Great Whites away from shore, but we do have the occasional sightings. Also, Orcas and whales roll through, but I've never seen one underwater. Sea lions and otters buzz around you, but the harbor seals are the coolest animals. I've had many experiences where they will just come up to you and you can pet them or they will nibble on your flippers. The sea lions and harbor seals will hang with you when night diving because they use your flashlight beam to locate fish. You just shine your light on a fish, and the harbor seal will hang upside down about 10 inches above the fish, and then, in the blink of an eye, spear his head downward and grab the fish. You then have to back off quickly, as they are quite violent with their body and flippers when trying to devour the fish. It is clockwork, when divers show up at night on the beach, the sea lions and harbor seals come calling.

by TomSlick
6 years 6 months ago
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Back on topic (sort of) perhaps we toss the 9'ers org in the water up there. :evil: :? 8-)

Tom's Place.JPG

Hilarious. I can't keep up with you, Hack. Indeed, let's stay on topic, down with the niners.

Just a quarter mile south of Monastery...er...uh...Tom's Beach...is Point Lobos State Park. Beautiful scenery, walking trails, great diving opportunities, but you gotta pay to enter.

by haroldjackson29
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:When the 49ers were relevant with Harbaugh Fisher found a way to beat them a few times. When the 49ers hit bottom Fisher found a way to get beat by them. We are clearly better than the 49ers. I can't say that about Washington. McVay needs to beat up on teams like the 49ers.

A rookie QB is not clearly better. Rams lost at home while the Niners held on to the Seahawks in their own park.
Thursdays tend to be blow outs and the Rams lost to SF twice last year.
I'm leaning Niners at this point.

• 2 / 3
23 posts Mar 28 2024