38 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by aeneas1
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I wouldn't read too much into it. Quinn is an established vet. He's proven he can play. No point in risking anything by having him go all out during practice. He's done it enough to know when to flip the switch. If he's lost something due to the injuries, it won't make a difference if he practices or not. Better to keep him fresher.

agree, absolutely no reason to play him much at all during the preseason, or push him hard in practice, he's not getting special treatment, most (all?) teams tend to treat their senior/proven vets with care prior to the start of the season... when i mentioned that quinn hasn't been the same since 2014, i was referring more to the amount of time he's played than his performance, he hasn't been the same player the rams have been able to count on, because of injuries... he played well in 2015, still a force, but his season was cut short, last season his play did dropped off, most likely due to his 2015 back issues that landed him on ir in 2015, he missed games, was played sparingly at times, and was finally ir'd for the second year in a row... can he bounce back? can he play 70% of the rams defensive snaps in 2017? we'll see.

by PhxRam
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   376  
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

aeneas1 wrote: most (all?) teams tend to treat their senior/proven vets with care prior to the start of the season...

You think Withworth is taking as much time off as Quinn?

by aeneas1
6 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

PhxRam wrote:You think Withworth is taking as much time off as Quinn?

whitworth doesn't have an injury history, but he'll see limited action, as will most starters... thing is with oline vets and projected starters, they're typically kept in as long as the projected starting qb, to protect him, if not for that i'm sure the rams would love to rest him as much as possible.

by Legends
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   162  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

If Rob needs to rest I think I'd listen to him. Chris Long once said this guy is a freaky athlete. Rob Quinn could make a good defense a great one. Let's see what happens.

by Rams5Fan
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   44  
United States of America   San Dimas CA
Undrafted Free Agent

If Quinn sits or kneels during the National Anthem, i don't care if he never sets foot on the field.....POS.

by aeneas1
6 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Rams5Fan wrote:If Quinn sits or kneels during the National Anthem, i don't care if he never sets foot on the field.....POS.

piece of shit? really? really? good grief.

by Hacksaw
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams5Fan wrote:If Quinn sits or kneels during the National Anthem, i don't care if he never sets foot on the field.....POS.

Where did you get that from?

by RamsFanSince82
6 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

A reporter (I can't recall who) asked Quinn if he was going to do any type of protest during the national anthem. He said he was going to raise his arm and make a fist (the same thing he did last year).

• 3 / 4
38 posts Mar 29 2024