153 posts
  • 15 / 16
 by den-the-coach
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

McVay stated at the press conference that the Rams were hiring an assistant for Fassel and would release his name later, however, nothing has been released to this point. I wonder who the new coach is?

by Elvis
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

den-the-coach wrote:McVay stated at the press conference that the Rams were hiring an assistant for Fassel and would release his name later, however, nothing has been released to this point. I wonder who the new coach is?

Good question? Does Fassel have any kids?

Nothing on the Rams page: http://www.therams.com/team/coaches.html

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Yes, but they're very young and they're girls. He's "only" 43.

by Elvis
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Yes, but they're very young and they're girls. He's "only" 43.

Right you are, forgot. And without further ado, here's our new ST assistant...

STA.jpg

by den-the-coach
7 years 1 month ago
Veteran

Elvis wrote:Good question? Does Fassel have any kids?

Nothing on the Rams page: http://www.therams.com/team/coaches.html

Yeah, I figured the website would be the last place to have it, was hoping for somebody on twitter to come through.

by den-the-coach
7 years 1 month ago
Veteran

Elvis wrote:https://twitter.com/vcsjoecurley/status/832343313466273792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This guy must be something special, it's taking longer with his negations than Wade Phillips.

by gmansrams
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   44  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

1. ) Not a huge surprise Rams offensive staff consists of four coaches who have previously developed quarterbacks. Most interesting is Zak Taylor who will provide the receivers with the quarterbacks perspective and will be instrumental in getting them on the same page so to speak. Fisher attempted this with the Jeff Garcia hire in 2015 I believe. A consistent weakness under last regime.

2.) Heath Evans Twitter endorsement of Kromer (found on this thread) has eased my concerns regarding this hire. Clearly Kromer was the best available since other choices would not receive permission from existing club.

3.) Does anyone know if Wes Philips was blocked by Washington to join McVay's staff? Most thought it was a certainty he would be joining his Dad in LA?

4.) Anyone have any credible information if Lafluer was the OC target from day one? Demoff stated when we learned of the McVay hire the Rams would be patient with the OC hire. Curious to know if they had multiple targets in mind, all who would need permission from current employer or if Matt L was the target all along?

by RamsFanSince82
7 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I thought he still worked for the Rams. I don't know if he was let go when Fisher and most of the other guys were let go, or he was still working for the Rams, but he wanted to get into coaching.

• 15 / 16
153 posts Mar 28 2024