76 posts
  • 2 / 8
 by den-the-coach
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

max wrote:Am I the only one who has little faith that Snead can be part of the solution?

IMO Snead is an idiot who has no business being a GM. Just listening to Riddick after listening to Snead is so refreshing. Snead can't even construct a coherent sentence. I never got why people thought he was smart.

Hey Maxie, always a pleasure sir....Can't post I disagree with you, but we are about to see if Snead indeed was overruled by Fisher for some of the selections because Fisher had total control over personnel. The Goff decision, IMO, came from the top because the Rams were tired of waiting on that position and thought the California kid was the perfect storm.

Snead has done some good things, rebuilding the scouting department and building the pro player personnel side from the ground, but things do have to change in order to move forward and I don't feel McVay is over his head.

Many Falcons fans felt the same way when they kept Thomas Dimitroff, however, he's worked in concert with Dan Quinn to give him the right personnel to improve the defense so hopefully that is how it will go in Southern, CA., under the wunderkind, Sean McVay!

by dieterbrock
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Green Bay's o-line was terrible a couple years ago, was decent last season and this year was damn good. Strangely enough though, they have basically the same guys
So its a chicken and egg thing, did the o-line hold back the offense or was the offense so bad it could mask deficiency of the oline?

by aeneas1
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

good stuff.... re riddick, one of the few who nailed braford's pre draft downside, said he had major concerns regarding how he would perform when pressured at the nfl level, a big red flag... anyway, good listen... the rams oline? pretty much the same group who in 2015 helped gurley to offensive rookie of the year honors, the pro bowl, 1,000+ yards and the 3rd highest yards per carry average, the same group who helped the rams book the 3rd lowest sack rate... the rams offense didn't evolve in 2016, it was as one dimensional as ever, as unimaginative as ever, which contributed to the complete ineptness, hard to blame it largely on the oline imo, easy to blame it on the incompetent offensive coaching... hell, look at the olines in the championship games, a quarter of the guys are undrafted, half were picked in the 4th round or later, but the rams haven't been able to land one competent olineman in the draft or free agency in the last 5+ years? really?

by dieterbrock
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:good stuff.... re riddick, one of the few who nailed braford's pre draft downside, said he had major concerns regarding how he would perform when pressured at the nfl level, a big red flag... anyway, good listen... the rams oline? pretty much the same group who in 2015 helped gurley to offensive rookie of the year honors, the pro bowl, 1,000+ yards and the 3rd highest yards per carry average, the same group who helped the rams book the 3rd lowest sack rate... the rams offense didn't evolve in 2016, it was as one dimensional as ever, as unimaginative as ever, which contributed to the complete ineptness, hard to blame it largely on the oline imo, easy to blame it on the incompetent offensive coaching... hell, look at the olines in the championship games, a quarter of the guys are undrafted, half were picked in the 4th round or later, but the rams haven't been able to land one competent olineman in the draft or free agency in the last 5+ years? really?

I am so with you on this. It just not possible that its all because of the players, it just cant be

by FMulder
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   190  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Is it possible it is either the coaching or the scheme? I know for some Boo was the end-all and nobody is disputing his qualifications but the league is filled with qualified guys who either didn't or couldn't get the desired outcome out of a group of players for whatever reason. Or was it a blocking scheme that failed to maximize the talents of the existing OL on the roster?

by Elvis
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I personally think it's impossible that our offensive personnel are incapable of doing better than last in the NFL.

Middle of the pack should be the bottom for competent coaching staff. A good staff and good players? Well that's how you get to the front of the pack...

by moklerman
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Just listened to the interview and thought Riddick spoke much, said nothing. It sounded like a bunch of canned responses by someone who didn't actually watch the Rams to me. Could said the same thing about any bad offensive team. Makes me wonder why so many are giving him credit.

I thought Keyshawn was actually pretty good. When he was just talking and asking questions, he said some good things. If he'd go with that instead of his street cred persona, I might actually listen to him.

by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Perhaps we should change the name of this thread to 'Louis Riddick on the O-line'.

by Stranger
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

@29:00 "Why am I afraid of any coach that comes out of New England?"

LOL

• 2 / 8
76 posts Mar 28 2024