7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

- a win? sure, that would be awesome, but seems highly unlikely from where i'm sitting....

- defense? would really be nice to see the unit rebound from the whopping 49 offensive points it gave up last week and, more importantly, make a statement against one of the league's top scoring offenses. can the rams defense hold the brady-led, gonk-less pats to below the league average in offensive points scored? so far only 1 team has been able to manage this feat in 2016, hold the pats' offense to below the league average in offensive scoring, and last year only 3 teams were able to manage it... why is this important? because the rams' offense struggles mightily to score at least the league average in offensive points, they've only done it twice this season.

- offense? would really be nice to see goff build on his impressive first half performance against the saints, a very encouraging window of play in terms of what goff's potential may be going forward, as opposed to the relative lack of success he's had outside of that first half window (see below). but he'll be facing one of the league's stingiest defenses, the pats currently rank 4th best in fewest offensive points allowed, and 5th best in offensive points allowed per drive (6th best in fewest tds allowed per drive, 6th best in fewest field goals allowed per drive).

02.png

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I want Goff to show improvement and for the team to at least be competitive. They'll lose but give us a good game.

We need that right now. Especially after the Saints loss and the ED thing and all the negativity.

by aeneas1
7 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:I want Goff to show improvement and for the team to at least be competitive. They'll lose but give us a good game.

We need that right now. Especially after the Saints loss and the ED thing and all the negativity.

yep, well said!

by snackdaddy
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I want the patsies to feel like they were in a war when the game is over. I'd like to see the defense rebound by playing hard, swarming to the ball and pressuring Brady all day. I'd like to see Goff continue to improve. Limit mistakes but don't dink and dunk to do it. I'd love a win but I just don't see it. The only positive I could see from last week's game is, they should come out with some pride and give em all they got. If they come out flat again and get blown out, it would be clear Fisher has lost this team.

by PARAM
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

For me it's all about Goff. I want to see him play well against a good team. Yeah they may be 4th in scoring defense but in overall defense, they're 14th. Of course we're going to need the defense to play extremely well to have a shot at winning and that only happens (winning) if Goff can play well and put up 24 or more points. So needless to say winning is a possibility because "on any given Sunday".....but "on any given Sunday", for Ram fans usually means we'll find a way to screw up. Either our offense will be stuck in the mud and if not, our defense will have a brain fart game and if not on both of those, we'll fake a punt on our 30 and screw it up or fumble a punt while holding a 3 point lead. So for enjoyment purposes, all I want to see is Goff show the potential to be a helluva NFL QB. I'm not worried about a win or more accurately, a loss.

by aeneas1
7 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Yeah they may be 4th in scoring defense but in overall defense, they're 14th.

the name of the game is scoring points and keeping points off the board... to be clear, the 14th in "overall defense" you're referring to is offensive yards allowed. food for thought: the jags rank 6th in "overall defense" but 25th in offensive points allowed, the chiefs rank 28th in "overall defense" but 8th in offensive points allowed.

snackdaddy wrote:I want the patsies to feel like they were in a war when the game is over. I'd like to see the defense rebound by playing hard, swarming to the ball and pressuring Brady all day. I'd like to see Goff continue to improve. Limit mistakes but don't dink and dunk to do it. I'd love a win but I just don't see it. The only positive I could see from last week's game is, they should come out with some pride and give em all they got. If they come out flat again and get blown out, it would be clear Fisher has lost this team.

i'd like to see gw dial up the same defense he did against the broncos in 2014, a ton of press coverage, not automatically giving up the underneath pass, it was a huge departure from the style of pass defense the rams have always played under gw, i.e. playing well off the receivers, giving up the underneath pass in exchange for limiting deep shots, bend but don't break... not only did the rams play press against the donkeys, it was one of the most physical pass defense games i've ever seen from the rams, as soon as a wr touched the ball he would be immediately and absolutely pummeled, it was a thing of beautiful.

speaking of the rams style of pass defense under gw, for the 2014-2016 stretch the rams rank 2nd in shallowest depth of completed pass allowed, 4th in highest pass completion rate allowed, and 5th in lowest tds per pass attempt allowed... in short, they've allowed short underneath passes which accounts for the very low depth of catch average allowed, the high completion % allowed, and the low tds per pass attempt allowed... that said, the rams put up similar pass defense numbers before gw's arrival, which has always led me to believe that fish continued to have his hand in the defensive scheme even after gw's arrival...

by bubbaramfan
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

I want to see Rams D knock the snot out of Brady's cheating azz. I want to see grass stuck all over and in his helmet. I want to see so much dirt on his back you can't read his number. :mrgreen:

• 1 / 1
7 posts Mar 29 2024