19 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Hacksaw_64
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

rams74 wrote:It might make some sense, except that, like most coaches, Fisher has notorious tunnel vision with respect to his focus on game preparation. Even if, for instance, Fisher had already agreed to move upstairs and be responsible for hiring the next coach, I don't think there's any chance at all that he'd be interviewing a candidate for his next head coach during the week that he's preparing to play the Patriots in Foxborough.

Supposedly, this hasn't been the only trip Shaw has made to the Rams this year....

I'm not sure if there's any legs to this, because of course they would never tell you at this stage of the game. And it could easily be just a friendly visit or Shaw may just be testing the waters. Who the hell knows...

All I know, is that Shaw is on my short list of HC candidates. And I kind of find it odd that he just pops into the picture. Its been whispered that Shaw visited once in the pre-season and one more time before this. I do know that Shaw has had plenty of good things to say publicly about Goff. That's got to be the number one enticement for a coach like Shaw to consider a move like this...

Clearly, its smoke now like practically everything thing else that's reported. Shaw is the perfect HC for this Rams team to catch fire though. I would 100% endorse this move if it happened to occur.

by PARAM
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:I've never seen a coach get fired then hired at a different position and then hire a coach to replace him as a coach.

I love you guys but come on.

After 12 consecutive years of futility once one of the greatest offensive teams in the history fell apart, it's a wonder we aren't starting rumors Sid Gillman might make a comeback. Of course he's dead but that's where we are now......Sid could probably draw up nearly as many scoring plays as our offensive coaches can, in his present condition of course. Probably more if he were simply comatose. Goff deserves a chance at an honest start with a fresh regime.

by dieterbrock
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw_64 wrote:Clearly, its smoke now like practically everything thing else that's reported. Shaw is the perfect HC for this Rams team to catch fire though. I would 100% endorse this move if it happened to occur.

I'm not a huge fan of Shaw, but I think he's a pretty cool dude. And he looks like Morpheus which would be awesome on the sidelines

by HighRoller
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   291  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I have some hate for Harbaugh. That man just disgusts me. So David Shaw is too close to Harbaugh for me not to feel a connection. I don't like that part.

But on a more grown up level, I looked around and he hasn't visited any other teams that I can see. Even the SC Whiners he has stayed away from. It would surprise me that there is something in the works here that the Rams are flaunting about, but for the sake of conversation, could the Rams be promoting Fisher up and bringing in someone rather popular? I highly doubt this what is going on here but like the conversation. Fisher is excellent in some areas that he could offer in another capacity. And I REALLY want to keep many of the other coaches.

by snackdaddy
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be opposed to Fisher staying on in a different capacity. He does have an eye for defensive talent. VP, consultant or something like that. As long as he stays clear of the offense.

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

snackdaddy wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to Fisher staying on in a different capacity. He does have an eye for defensive talent. VP, consultant or something like that. As long as he stays clear of the offense.

Exactly snack. We might take a step back if we have to learn a new scheme because all of our coordinators are gone. We just need to have Fish live up to the comment he made about "if I am retained, I will hire and experienced offensive coordinator and let him run the offense" (I paraphrase).
I really think that could work out.
But only sign him up for 1 year so that if it doesn't then we can make the wholesale changes.

by Elvis
7 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:Exactly snack. We might take a step back if we have to learn a new scheme because all of our coordinators are gone. We just need to have Fish live up to the comment he made about "if I am retained, I will hire and experienced offensive coordinator and let him run the offense" (I paraphrase).
I really think that could work out.
But only sign him up for 1 year so that if it doesn't then we can make the wholesale changes.

When did Fisher say what you paraphrase? I've seen it referred to but never seen it.

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 months ago

Elvis wrote:When did Fisher say what you paraphrase? I've seen it referred to but never seen it.

I read it in an article posted here.

by Hacksaw
7 years 3 months ago

POTENTIAL RAMS OC CANDIDATE DAVID SHAW VISITED THE TEAM TODAY ?

• 2 / 2
19 posts Mar 29 2024