20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by max
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

CarolinaRam wrote:I doubt he will fire JF mid season because of the move etc. I just hope he is as upset as most fans and does not extend the contract.

Don't see Fisher getting fired mid season.

Fisher probably already has a directive to win this year or he won't be back.

If Fisher plays Goff and he really stinks, he is done for sure.

by Stranger
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Haden wrote:Fisher will start Goff after the bye, wina couple games at the end to get to 7-9, and buy himself another year claiming that things are really getting better now. Just watch.

This was Fish's plan all along. It was the ONLY way to be certain of another season as HC.

Think about it:
1. If Rams tank under Keenum early in the season he can start Goff mid-way and use the excuse that you put forth.
2. If Rams did well under Keenum than Fish can simply say he held Goff back until he was ready.

Unfortunately, I've been around politicians all my life. And Fish is a much better politician than football coach.

by dieterbrock
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I can only hope that Kroenke is a logical man about the team performance.
As for Fisher, it is quite apparent that its not that Goff isn't ready, more than he doesn't know how to get a QB ready. That's why he likes the veteran type. They've already gotten thru the adjustment phase on somebody else's dime

I just cant see a situation where Fisher gets that extension at this point, unless they can miraculously win 7 of the next 9 games

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This could be about Goff, but I doubt it.

by Rams the Legends live on
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Like most I believe he will be fired just not at the mid way of the season. The only way I could see him gone before the season is up is if he changes the narrative so he and the condition of this team becomes the story.

I believe Stan at this point is seeing that 7-9 will be the reality of his teams situation after year one of the LA move. Not that he want that but is willing to except that because it has not changed the narrative.

I am sure when he goes to opposing games and even when playing at home in LA. When he meets fellow owners in the game box they still say congrats on the move and wrapping up the LA market. I am sure then some polite convo is held about the progress of the new stadium.

Right now he and his coup is the talk of peers and has even caused a honeymoon period in LA. Where even though the team is headed in the wrong direction it has bought him a grace period by the fans because the story is we have football again and the Rams are back.

However if Fish manages to change this narrative of both his peers and the fans. While he might have sold out the Coliseum, if he begins to see a different story of growing numbers of fans not showing up even after they have paid for the product.

If that becomes the story of how folks are even unloading their tickets at a discount to recoup some of the cost they shelled out.

I believe he at that point would make a change even though their would still be season left to play. Reason being he has been in retail his whole life. The retail of selling product as well as commercial retail of real estate.

He is well aware and has had the mantra driven home of it is cheaper to keep a customer you have acquired than to acquire a new customer and keep them.

If he allows the narrative to change then his associated cost will become even higher in LA with no guarantees of outcome for return on investment and return of capitol.

So even though Fish is under performing as long as he does not change the narrative of the return story he Stan will wait till the end of the year. If by chance the dissatisfaction begins to change this narrative. He will send some sort of message so he can assure the customer he will rectify this problem.

Reason being again because he is well aware of customer acquisition cost of retail and understands the rule you never allow yourself to lose in mass any customers you have already acquired. Because even acquiring back past loyal customers means you have to pay the higher dollar cost.

So if the narrative changes I believe he makes a immediate move to stop any en mass exodus so his acquisition cost do not rise more than the high cost already associated with acquiring the LA market. Be it a instant interim head coach or some leak to the media he, Kroenke has been seen speaking with past head coaches.

If or when the Fish story becomes greater than the return story, Kroenke will not wait and will make his move at that point. Other wise we get to see him all the rest of this season and Fish is fired at the end of the season.

by OldSchool
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Just a thought but he might not do anything before the bye week. It's very possible that Kroenke stays in London for another week. He's not only got to work on resigning Arsenals coach but they play 4 matches before the Rams host Carolina.

by Neil039
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

My 2 cents....
No change before the season ends. Here's my reasoning.
1). The die has been cast and Kroenke has shown he will let the season play out.
2). This is Fisher's coaching staff, it would hurt more than help promoting an interim coach from the coaching staff.
3). There is minimal media coverage and limited extended coverage for the team during the season.
4). The likely replacement is currently employed in college or on a NFL staff.
5). **Fisher has dirt on him and is worried it will be leaked**. This is my non cynical side.

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago

This season is far from over. I'm discouraged but we could still make the PO's. We need to regroup at the bye and make some necessary changes.
Not just the Goff thing.
Move Robinson inside? Different run / blocking schemes or getting TGII some extra work on reading his blocks.
Developing the system philosophy and getting everyone on the same page. Audible and sight adjustments need to be clarified and practiced.
Speed up the offense,,, attack and take a mindset that you are here to outscore the opponent, then humiliate them with our D.?
Play a little tighter on the WR's and defend the middle of the field better?
Make a point to STOP committing defensive penalties on 3rd down.
And lose the 'play to stay in it at the end' crap..

by ramsman34
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Hacksaw wrote:This season is far from over. I'm discouraged but we could still make the PO's. We need to regroup at the bye and make some necessary changes.
Not just the Goff thing.
Move Robinson inside? Different run / blocking schemes or getting TGII some extra work on reading his blocks.
Developing the system philosophy and getting everyone on the same page. Audible and sight adjustments need to be clarified and practiced.
Speed up the offense,,, attack and take a mindset that you are here to outscore the opponent, then humiliate them with our D.?
Play a little tighter on the WR's and defend the middle of the field better?
Make a point to STOP committing defensive penalties on 3rd down.
And lose the 'play to stay in it at the end' crap..

Hacksaw,

The RAMS have to win 7 of the next 9 to make the playoffs. Do you really see that happening? I think they lose to Seattle, NE, ATL, and probably Carolina and/or AZ
that has 8-8/7-9 written all over it.

That is what Fisher is; a .500 hovercraft

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago

ramsman34 wrote:Hacksaw,

The RAMS have to win 7 of the next 9 to make the playoffs. Do you really see that happening? I think they lose to Seattle, NE, ATL, and probably Carolina and/or AZ
that has 8-8/7-9 written all over it.

That is what Fisher is; a .500 hovercraft

I won't put money on it but I still hold out hope.

• 2 / 2
20 posts Apr 19 2024