12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Zen_Ronin
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

This is depressing, but sadly, something we all (well most of us) know to be accurate.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/10/13 ... eff-fisher

*sorry if this was already shared, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

by aeneas1
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i've heard this mentioned many times before but it's not entirely accurate imo... first and foremost goff needs to get familiar with the speed of the nfl game, he needs real game experience against real competition that game-plans against him and the rams, something he's just not getting riding pine or with the handful of practice snaps he's drop-fed with the ones... as far as how successful will he be under the guidance of fish and his offensive brainiacs, who knows, first things first, he needs nfl experience more than he needs time on the shelf.

by snackdaddy
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Those are some depressing stats. Why give up the the farm for a position Fisher clearly doesn't value as much as other coaches do? It will be more depressing if Fisher gets extended. Goff is going to forget what its like to play the position. Either that or Fisher is going to ruin him.

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Fisher never hangs with the QB's so I think he'd be safe from that.
I'm most concerned Fishheads philosophy will slow Goff down. Not speaking to game speed but the quickness he came in with. His alleged ability to read a D and get the ball out accurately and with zip.

During the draft, I don't know if all those pundits and staff were right about him,, but I must question it since our coach won't play him.
If he comes in and lights it up, Fishhead would look bad..

by sloramfan
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

ok.. it's keenums rams that are failing..
it's fishers stubbornness that keeps keenum the starter..
this is what i believe, along with goffs inexperience (and it grows smaller with every loss)...
im not a keenum backer, and how the hell did i know keenum was so shitty!!!!
i was bitching about him being the starter during the preseason!!!

well i'll tell ya... i watch every rams game to the bitter end... always have
and last year, i saw a qb that got very lucky, and was ( if you ask me) just a terrible game manager, that got lucky..

and on to this year..

i rest my case.. ( no pun intended, i'm way to pissed for comedy right now)

go rams

slo

by moklerman
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

The stats are certainly ugly BUT, and this is coming from someone who's more than ready to get rid of Fisher, his system has worked with the right pieces in place. It hasn't shown itself to be sustainable but it has shown to work. That was why I was all for drafting the right QB this year. With the Rams in particular, we've seen the likes of Davis and Keenum really move the offense.

So, it is possible to score points under Fisher. Are the right players needed to make it work? Obviously. But the same could be said of Martz's offense too. Granted, the latter is much more forgiving in terms of rotating players but just as Martz needed to be saved from himself at times, Fisher needs the same.

As much as I want him gone, if he has an epiphany for whatever reason and takes his hands off the offense and focuses on the defense/special teams, I wouldn't even be against him staying. I think he has some redeemable qualities as a leader but he HAS to start delegating. Well, at least IMO because it is my belief that he meddles in areas that he has no expertise.

But this isn't new. Many Rams fans have been saying for a while now that he just needs to quit imprinting on the offense and the team would be fine. Maybe it wouldn't be perfect to have the modern day Gilbride/Ryan situation like the Bears had but it would be better than the rudderless 7-9 bullshit.

by aeneas1
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:The stats are certainly ugly BUT, and this is coming from someone who's more than ready to get rid of Fisher, his system has worked with the right pieces in place. It hasn't shown itself to be sustainable but it has shown to work... With the Rams in particular, we've seen the likes of Davis and Keenum really move the offense..

but his system hasn't worked, and we haven't seen rams qbs really move the offense... any team can move the ball from time to time, even put up points, but that doesn't mean a system works, not if the occurrences are infrequent, which describes the rams.

through 7 games the rams offense ranks 29th in offensive points scored and 29th in yards gained per play.... last weekend with their 13 offensive possessions, the rams scored just twice, 1 field goal and 1 td, for a meager 10 points, against a middle of the pack (at best) defense. that's not a system that works, far from it.

with keenum under center:

2016 - 29th in offensive points per game, 29th in offensive yards gained per play
2015 - 27th in offensive points per game, 31st in offensive yards gained per play

yet, for reasons that boggle the mind, headed into the 2016 fish saw keenum as a qb who could lead the rams to the postseason, a qb the rams could win with now,.. instead, predictably, keenum is the same qb he was last year, a guy who can't lead the rams offense to anything better than bottom of the barrel offensive production.

by dieterbrock
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:
yet, for reasons that boggle the mind, headed into the 2016 fish saw keenum as a qb who could lead the rams to the postseason, a qb the rams could win with now,.. instead, predictably, keenum is the same qb he was last year, a guy who can't lead the rams offense to anything better than bottom of the barrel offensive production.

I just cant believe that a kid like Goff, who many teams considered to be the #1 QB, cant do better than what Case has done. Sure we'd suffer thru some lumps but the upside would show too.
I just cant believe in this or any other parallel universe that a Cody Kessler can look the part and be ready, but Goff cant

by elmendorf
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Pennsylvania
Rookie

Well, I hope Goff gets used to NFL speed ASAP. Can't watch this horror show any longer. It's like a root canal watching Keenum. Embarrassing and painful.

Even the color guy on Sunday mentioned how CK manages to run into the pressure, not out of it. Horrible.

by HAL 9000
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

I may be skewered here for thinking this, but I actually don't want Goff to play one down for Fisher (Pig Vomit). At this point I want Fisher to go down in flames with Keenum. If Goff gets in and plays well enough to win a few games that could mean an extension for you know who. In other words, Pig Vomit will ruin Goff.

• 1 / 2
12 posts Apr 19 2024