16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by OldSchool
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

JackPMiller wrote:Gruden is not coming back, he likes his gig on MNF

Forget Harbaugh, he has a kushy job, and will not leave Michigan, unless they win a national title.

Not sold on Mike Smith. Players in Atlanta quit on him.

Here are my canidates, not in any order.
Teryl Austin DC Detroit Lions
Darrell Bevell Seattle Seahawks
Ken Norton Jr. DC Oakland Raiders

Not sure I want him but Gruden might actually be in play. As we've seen ESPN is dumping salaries and losing their top talent. Gruden just lost his good buddy Tirico to that very thing. If I'm Kroenke/Demoff I'm backing up a truck full of cash to Harbaugh and Gruden and basically telling them to write a check. Not sure I want another DC type as a coach unless they're forced like Vermeil to bring in a top OC type of mind. Harbaugh might be interested in coming to LA though. He'd own the town and get to stick it to York and Carroll twice a year. I have a feeling we might have to wait for him to win a national title though. I'll add a few names to the list though that won't be as expensive but will be rolling the dice with an offensive mind.

Frank Reich- OC Philly. Has done a great job with Pederson and their QB coach getting Wentz ready fast. I'd love for him to bring in his people and work with Goff.

Josh McDaniel- OC Pats. I know he was here and failed but from all reports has matured a ton since going back to NE as an OC. He will get a job this off season the question is just where.

Harold Goodwin- OC Arizona. Learned from Arians and has a back ground in offense and the line. Could be a surprise candidate.

Todd Haley- OC Pitt. Failed in his head coaching gig but he won't get roster control this go round which will help him a lot. Like McDaniel seems to have learned a lot on a second stint at OC. He's done great with the offense in Pitt and I think he also is a strong candidate for a job this year.

Jim Bob Cooter- OC Det. Has done wonders with Stafford and company and kept it up after the departure of Johnson to retirement. His name could sneak in with momentum if they keep up their production.

I'm not sure any other college coaches get much of a shot we seem to be in an OC/DC promoting trend right now. Bryan Kelly is struggling at ND doubt he gets any play. Davis Shaw is unlikely to leave his dream job coaching his alum. Doubt the other big names (Sabban, Myers and Sweeney) leave for the pros.

by Elvis
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Welcome aboard norcal.

If you'd asked last year i would've said Adam Gase so the jury's out on how good my judgement is.

I know a lot of us hate him, but i'd take Josh McD...

by dieterbrock
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Todd Haley is top choice

I like the idea of Mike Shanahan straightening things out with an eye on developing say a Groh at OC to eventually succeed. He's the only has been I would look at

College coaches? No thanks

Hate to say it, but I'd give Josh McD a 2nd chance if we keep Snead to make personnel decisions.

Need a HC with an offensive mind. With the talent we have on the d-line, I think there would a nice list of DC candidates who could bring rain with this crew

by Juice
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   46  
United States of America   North Carolina
Undrafted Free Agent

I had a dream that the Saints lost all their remaining games. They got rid of Sean Payton ,and he came to the Rams to reunite with Williams. We then hired Doug Morrone for the offensive coordinators position, and hired Jeff Tedford as quarterbacks coach.

by HAL 9000
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

1. Harbaugh - But that's a pipe dream.
2. Sean Payton - Perfect fit with GW (Looking better with every Saints loss).
3. David Shaw - Opposite of Fisher. Recruiting restrictions hurts teams like Stanford. Runs a tight ship. Excellent with QB's, RB's TE's, OL's and Defense. He knows how to use a hybrid players like TA (McCaffrey).
4. Norv Turner - Would do wonders with this O, even makes Bradford look competent.
5. Petersen - Has the Huskies playing lights out on both sides of the ball.
6. McDanniels - OC mastermind, maturity should help.
7. Brian Kelly - He may be available. I think he would be a better pro coach. No nonsense. Recruiting restrictions hurts teams like ND.

• 2 / 2
16 posts Mar 29 2024