11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by 69RamFan
2 weeks 14 hours ago
 Total posts:   3208  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

The final look and my grade for building the roster after the draft.

Starting with the FA signings, Suring up our OL with the re-signing of RG/Dotson,
And signing FA LG/J.Jackson, moving Avila to C, and re-signing our restricted FA LT/A.Jackson,

And drafting C/Limmer & G/KT Leveston to fill out our OL as backups.
Just solidified our OL, possibly being a top five in the league, for sure a top 10.

Its gonna give protection for Stafford to look downfield on deeper routes.
Second, it’s gonna open up holes for our RB, in KW and now to include draft pick BC.

Then drafting Verse with our first pick, he was the one I wanted from the start.
He is gonna be a monster.
Then for our second pick, we pick up Verse’s teammate, DT/Fiske,
That was a great pick, especially they know each other’s moves.

Then they added two more picks at the edge rusher/ B. Jackson & DT/ Davis,
In which we are gonna see competition in the bottom half of our DL to make this team.

Then in our back end, we sign FA CB/White & CB/Williams, both outstanding players.
Adding S/Curl and S/Kichens from the draft,
who was supposed to be the second-best safety in the draft.

ST adding K/Karty

My grade for the Rams is a A+ for the off-season trades and draft.

We are SB contenders.

by PARAM
2 weeks 14 hours ago
 Total posts:   12289  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:The final look and my grade for building the roster after the draft.

Starting with the FA signings, Suring up our OL with the re-signing of RG/Dotson,
And signing FA LG/J.Jackson, moving Avila to C, and re-signing our restricted FA LT/A.Jackson,

And drafting C/Limmer & G/KT Leveston to fill out our OL as backups.
Just solidified our OL, possibly being a top five in the league, for sure a top 10.

Its gonna give protection for Stafford to look downfield on deeper routes.
Second, it’s gonna open up holes for our RB, in KW and now to include draft pick BC.

Then drafting Verse with our first pick, he was the one I wanted from the start.
He is gonna be a monster.
Then for our second pick, we pick up Verse’s teammate, DT/Fiske,
That was a great pick, especially they know each other’s moves.

Then they added two more picks at the edge rusher/ B. Jackson & DT/ Davis,
In which we are gonna see competition in the bottom half of our DL to make this team.

Then in our back end, we sign FA CB/White & CB/Williams, both outstanding players.
Adding S/Curl and S/Kichens from the draft,
who was supposed to be the second-best safety in the draft.

ST adding K/Karty

My grade for the Rams is a A+ for the off-season trades and draft.

We are SB contenders.

You HOMER!!!! Just kidding my friend. I agree. They did things methodically starting with the OL and DL. Isn't that what all the purists believe?

This OL will allow Stafford to go deep but more importantly, it will change our offense with respect to the run game. Kyren and Corum will feast behind these guys. Short yardage? I've only seen Corum stopped a couple of times because the guy always seems to go forward. The WR we got is a red zone threat. Parkinson and Allen will be red zone threats. If there were two things our offense lacked it was short yardage and red zone success. They may have solved it.

The DL is gonna be young and there will be growing pains but they showed a concentrated effort there and it's not to replace AD. It's to establish a new DL. Two edge rushers and two DTs added to Kobie and the group we have (which will hopefully include Hoecht). The secondary was vastly improved with vets and that kid from Miami. He wasn't just the #2 safety on some boards, he was the #1. He's the best playmaking safety in the draft.

The only thing we didn't get was a return man. Maybe Tyler Johnson should give it a try?

by RAMMAN76
2 weeks 14 hours ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

I think it was a good draft.

And given the Rams knack for finding diamonds in the the UFA pool, I'm looking forward to seeing who else they sign.

by 69RamFan
2 weeks 14 hours ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:You HOMER!!!! Just kidding my friend. I agree. They did things methodically starting with the OL and DL. Isn't that what all the purists believe?

This OL will allow Stafford to go deep but more importantly, it will change our offense with respect to the run game. Kyren and Corum will feast behind these guys. Short yardage? I've only seen Corum stopped a couple of times because the guy always seems to go forward. The WR we got is a red zone threat. Parkinson and Allen will be red zone threats. If there were two things our offense lacked it was short yardage and red zone success. They may have solved it.

The DL is gonna be young and there will be growing pains but they showed a concentrated effort there and it's not to replace AD. It's to establish a new DL. Two edge rushers and two DTs added to Kobie and the group we have (which will hopefully include Hoecht). The secondary was vastly improved with vets and that kid from Miami. He wasn't just the #2 safety on some boards, he was the #1. He's the best playmaking safety in the draft.

The only thing we didn't get was a return man. Maybe Tyler Johnson should give it a try?

We still have that kid WR/PR Xavier Smith who was on the PS.
I feel we filled all of the holes we needed to fill.
But kind of surprised we didn't get a TE in the lower rounds,
Most definitely, we will see one on the UDFA.

But I liked how our draft went, just how I felt it was gonna happen,
and not like some crazy posters, drooling trading up early for a QB or a TE,
those posters made me laugh so hard. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
What makes it even more laughable,
they believe those reporters about trading up for one. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by RAMMAN76
2 weeks 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

Coach McVay on 2024 Draft Class
Los Angeles Rams
@RamsNFL
The work has only just begun.

by ramsman34
2 weeks 13 hours ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Well you all know what I predicted they would do. And they tried to get a home run hitter in Bowers. Gotta say I am happier it went down this way. I liked Chop more than Verse based on pass rush ability alone. And I thought the Rams would go offensive weapon in a trade up then edge in a trade up back into the lower first. Was never that into Latu. It the more I watch Verse and after watching his interviews, I am very impressed. All in all, I wanted them to double dip at edge and DL. I did that in my “mock” on PFF. But let’s hand 69 his flowers. He called it. They got his guy and I agree their entire offseason has been awesome so far. I’m sure they have a plan for KR and PR. I can see them adding some vet FAs for more comp and obviously UFDAs as well. They might bring A Spoon back at corner. All in all, a better team than last season.

by 69RamFan
2 weeks 6 hours ago
Superstar

Here is my Defensive 3-4 lineup:

OLB/Young, DT/Turner, NT/Brown, DE/Fiske, OLB/Verse

____________________ MLB/Jones

____________ Star/Lake

CB/Williams ________________________ CB/White

____________S/Curl ___________ S/Kinchens

by 69RamFan
1 week 3 days ago
Superstar

Looking at this video,

I noticed number 84, that is Hunter Long's number.

Thats a good sign, he is back from the knee injury.

by /zn/
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

The more I read and hear about this draft and look into it, the more I am convinced–at this admittedly very early point–that this was one of the Rams best drafts ever, and certain the best overall in the McVay era.

What I am saying is that something unusual and rare happened with this draft, and that’s kind of going out on a limb. So we'll see. Most of what I'm saying is based on the idea that there looks like there will be a high number of very viable hits they could have in this draft, that is future starters who will be considered at least good (and not guys like Reeder who start because there’s no one else). Also very significant overall contributors, like Whittington, who is not just a 4th WR type, but also a potential star on several special team units.

They may not have anyone who will reach the status of Nacua. But they could very well have up to 6 or 7 genuine hits. Yep, 6 or 7. 60-70% viable hits, which is extremely rare. I don’t think any one of them will reach Nacua-level superstar status, but that will be very good players–real hits–like what the Ram got in Jones or Avila.

A lot of this depends on how far Verse develops. He's not a magic, bendy pass rusher like you got with Robert Quinn, Von Miller, or that type. He’s more of a smasher and brawler in the mold of Kevin Greene or JT Watt. In fact if you compare their profiles, Verse has a lot of the ame traits that make Watt effective. If anything Verse may be a bit more physically gifted than Watt (faster and maybe stronger). Because they are very similar types of pass rushers, Watt sets the recent standard to measure Verse by. He had 10 sacks as a rookie and has averaged 13-14 sacks a year.

• 1 / 2
11 posts May 12 2024