31 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by /zn/
2 weeks 9 hours ago
 Total posts:   6784  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Youngblood22 wrote:Is Whittington our new kick returner?

It actually sounds like Whittington is a fit for any special teams unit. Blocking, running down the field in coverage, maybe doing returns too.

by actionjack
1 week 5 days ago
 Total posts:   4023  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Rams really drafting older players, many who were captains, average age is probably like 24. That's good and bad, lot of experience, leadership, guys ready to contribute sooner rather than later but also probably not a ton of room to grow, not as much upside potential.

And a guy like Corum, as old as he is, with as many miles on him, the shelf life of RBs, well we'll see.

Potentially very good in the short run...

There is mileage but if he is sharing a role with Kyren to keep both fresh, we should be good. Probably a one contract guy for the Rams.

by actionjack
1 week 5 days ago
Superstar

RAMMAN76 wrote:Instant analysis: Why Jordan Whittington could be the steal of the draft for the Rams

Brock Vierra
April 27, 2024 3:23 pm PT

Despite all the hype behind Xavier Worthy and AD Mitchell entering the NFL draft, it is without a doubt that the most consistent pass catcher for the Texas Longhorns over Steve Sarkisian’s tenure has been Jordan Whittington.

At No. 213 overall in the sixth round, the Rams selected Whittington, and it could be the steal of the draft for them.

Whittington, a 6-foot-1 wide receiver from Cuero, Texas is no stranger to adversity. During his five years at Texas, he played for two different head coaches, and while opportunities were sparse due to the immense talent surrounding him including seven offensive skill players being selected in the past two drafts, Whittington has consistently answered when called upon.

Whittington doesn’t have off-the-charts athletic talent, causing him to slide in the draft but he possesses something better. A near Rhodes scholar-level football IQ. Whittington throughout his entire career has put together film of him finding pockets in coverages, cutting routes short, and creating separation based on pre-snap reads that has allowed him to be such a consistent player.

Whittington also has sure hands and the awareness to reroute himself when the pocket collapses on his quarterback. He is a QB’s best friend and despite getting thrown the ball by Casey Thompson, Hudson Card, Quinn Ewers and Malik Murphy, his numbers though not mindblowing, have remained steady.

This is the exact type of receiver that thrives in a Sean McVay offense and with Cooper Kupp getting older, there’s a high possibility that Whittington could see the field early and often. I’m not saying he’s going to put up Puka Nacua numbers but the man has the ability to mess around and have a 1000-yard season.

I’m calling my shot. Jordan Whittington is the steal of the draft.

I completely agree with this. Whitt is a Puka clone. The only thing that will limit Whitt is playing time. I think this is the Rams plan to keep Puka healthy and not overused. Whitt can do much of what Puka can and has the intelligence to do it as well. Another member of the Bfast club incoming...

by Elvis
1 week 5 days ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Limmer is another guy who has steal written all over him. When and where he plays is another story but quality player, especially for where we got him...

by actionjack
1 week 5 days ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Limmer is another guy who has steal written all over him. When and where he plays is another story but quality player, especially for where we got him...

Agreed strength will not be an issue lol. Beaux and our punter can have a competition.

by Dare
1 week 5 days ago
 Total posts:   96  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I really like Whittington. It wouldn't surprise me if he breaks into the starting rotation next year replacing Robinson. He's another Puka type of WR and is actually a bit faster.

Davis gives them better depth at NT. Brown IMO simply hasn't really impressed. He's been inconsistent, but in all fairness, he's not a 0T NT. I think he will be in a battle at NT to keep a roster spot. Davis would be a solid rotational NT and brings more to the table than Brown. He's quicker and looks stronger as well. His issue is staying healthy. Hopefully in a rotational role that won't be an issue.

Limmer brings more to the table as a backup Center than McAllister. He needs work on his technique but who better than Wendell to coach him up at center?

I think Snead has had an underrated draft this year. He filled the starting roles they needed and he's brought in solid depth. This team is built for multiple SB runs. They only need to sort out QB1. It wouldn't surprise me if they simply said no to Stafford in regards to more guaranteed. Call his bluff and if he retires after the year, it's not like they haven't seen it coming. What people aren't thinking about is if the Rams win another SB this season Stafford might simply want to go out on top with 2 rings.

The Rams are doing everything to get that second ring this season which would make the demand for guaranteed money moot.

Tua will be a FA next year so that bears watching. He is definitely a scheme fit for McVay's current system.

by ramsman34
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8625  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Man you really want/seem to think Stafford is gone after this year. Ya, if he wins another ring the chances go up. So. Everyone can deal with it then. ADTER ANOTHER RING. Clearly the Rams seem to know more than we do about Stafford and the QB position. And if they have to figure out QB1 after another ring….I think we would all take that.

by actionjack
1 week 4 days ago
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Man you really want/seem to think Stafford is gone after this year. Ya, if he wins another ring the chances go up. So. Everyone can deal with it then. ADTER ANOTHER RING. Clearly the Rams seem to know more than we do about Stafford and the QB position. And if they have to figure out QB1 after another ring….I think we would all take that.

Not sure why you would want to push probably the best QB the Rams have ever had out the building. He played elite last year, maybe his best ever for overall play.

• 3 / 4
31 posts May 12 2024