487 posts
  • 42 / 49
 by Lancer
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   180  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Surprised the top half of the 1st round ran with offensive players for as long as it did. There was an inordinately high demand for QB by teams. People also liked the top selections at WR as well.

I thought a brief run or two on defense would start earlier.

by Elvis
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

There has never been that many QBs or offensive players taken at the start/top of a draft ever.

Good day to need defense...

by ramsman34
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Damn. Pearsall and Legette both gone at the end of the first. The former to the hated ones 😡

by actionjack
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Damn. Pearsall and Legette both gone at the end of the first. The former to the hated ones 😡

Sounds like Deebo will be on the move, good for the Rams

by actionjack
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Ok on to Round 2.

I would like to see Les be Les and get aggressive here, would love to trade up and grab a DT, WR or CB, some very good players left at 10 maybe 20. If the Rams love a guy go get him.

by Elvis
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

They say this draft is very deep which would mean our 3 6's aren't as valuable as they would be in another draft. Will be interesting to see if the Rams trade them to move up some...

by HarRam
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   27  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

We still need two top notch DL. A quality DL and Edge were two big needs even before AD retired. So, filling the Edge need just puts us back to where we were before AD retired. But with AD gone, there's an additional huge hole that needs to be filled.

I'm thrilled we got Verse, but I would've been much happier with Murphy. So f##k the Seahawks, they got our man! I think Les needs to start thinking about trading up to make sure he gets two of either Jer'Zhan Newton, Braden Fiske , Kris Jenkins or Maason Smith in round 2.

I don't think we'll be able to rely on Kobe Turner and Bobby Brown--not without the AD affect.

by rams74
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1492  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

HarRam wrote:I'm thrilled we got Verse, but I would've been much happier with Murphy. So f##k the Seahawks, they got our man!

Yes, that whole scenario was a little reminiscent of the Bobby Wagner miss in 2012.

I felt like trading up into the top ten, as was reported, was going to be way too expensive.

But Murphy was never going to make it to 19, so trading up 4 spots might not have been prohibitive.

Still, we sat tight at 19 and still got Jared Verse, so that's not bad at all. Can't complain about that.
HarRam wrote:I think Les needs to start thinking about trading up to make sure he gets two of either Jer'Zhan Newton, Braden Fiske , Kris Jenkins or Maason Smith in round 2.

I think it's asking a little too much to expect McVay to sit on his hands again tonight and allow more offensive playmakers go by the boards while Snead continues to pick just defensive players (as much as I think that would be a good thing).

But I'd like to see them trade up and get at least one of the guys you just mentioned.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 1 day ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

There are more quality WRs than DTs left. Trade up for Newton or Fisk or Ruke O. Or hang back and get Wingo in a trade back to the 4th

• 42 / 49
487 posts May 18 2024