487 posts
  • 39 / 49
 by Dare
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   101  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I'm not sold that they will take an edge in the first round. IMO second round would be more likely. Someone like Adisa Issac has a high motor, and is a good fit at DE. His length and weight are more inline with a DE. He's got high upsides IMO and with good coaching he could become a standout edge.

They could also take a DT if the right one drops. I like Bobby Brown but I'm not sold on him yet. I think if Shula plays him less as a two gap and more as a 1T he could blossom.

They also need to be looking at CBs though I think they will take one in the 3rd round by how they signed Williams to a 3 year deal. That said Durant needs to show he's a legit starter at boundary CB.

by actionjack
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4039  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... r-targets/

Now this makes more sense....

Report: Rams making calls about trading up, would be for a top defender
Cameron DaSilva
April 24, 2024 8:43 am PT

Les Snead said on Tuesday that the Los Angeles Rams are open to all options in the first round, whether it’s trading up for a player, staying put at No. 19 or trading back to accumulate picks. They won’t know for sure what’s best for them until the first round actually gets underway on Thursday night, but there’s plenty of buzz about them moving up.

Dan Graziano of ESPN shared in his pre-draft notebook that the Rams are among the teams that have made calls about trading up in Round 1. And if the Rams were to move up, “it would be to get one of their top targets on defense.”

The people I talk to think we’re likely to see more trades in the second half of the first round than in the first half. The Colts (No. 15), Jaguars (No. 17), Rams (No. 19) and Eagles (No. 22) are all teams I’ve heard have been making calls about potentially moving up.

It’s not surprising that the Rams are exploring their options when it comes to moving up. They’re an aggressive organization that’s never afraid to make a splash, whether it’s in free agency, the draft or the trade market. It’s also not shocking that they’d be targeting a defensive player, given their needs on that side of the ball.

While it would make sense for them to trade up for one of the top offensive tackles or a wide receiver like Rome Odunze, there are also highly regarded defenders in this class such as Byron Murphy II, Dallas Turner, Laiatu Latu, Jared Verse and Quinyon Mitchell who may not make it to No. 19.

If one of those players begins to slip, the Rams could make a move into the early teens to scoop them up.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Smokescreen. Moving up for LT WR or Bowers.

😎

If I’m going down,
I am going down swinging’

I will say that they will have to move way up - top 7 to 10 to get one of the elite guys at those positions I mentioned. If they only move up a few spots, it could be for a top defender.

by Elvis
3 weeks 3 days ago
 Total posts:   38769  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Charles Davis final mock has us taking Murphy at 19. Daniel Jerimiah has us trading out of the 1st with Washington. Walter Football also has Murphy at 19.

These are some of the traditionally more accurate mocks but of course nothing means anything. Only the actual draft counts...

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago

Imma gonna be bummed if my prediction is wrong 😔

But, there are a lot of quality players I’ve looked at so, I am sure they will draft some impact guys - wherever they pick.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago

Here’s my players I really like list

I left off some of the top edge and DL as I guess I’d be cool with almost any of them. There are other positions like IOL and ILb be I either didn’t name or only picked one guy as they would likely be depth players anyway, esp. IOL.

WR
Rome Odunze - Wash
Brian Thomas JR - LSU
Javon Baker - UCF
Xavier Leggett - So Carolina (KR)
Brenden Rice - USC
Jerrod “Bub” Means - Pitt
McCaffrey - Rice

OT
Joe Alt - Golden Domer
Olu Fashanu - Penn St

DT
Jonny Newton - Illinois
Kris Jenkins - Michigan
Mekhi Wingo - LSU
Ruke Orhorhoho - Clemson
Michael Hall Jr. - Ohio State

Edge
Chop Robinson - Penn St. (1st)
Laiatu Latu - UCLA (1st)

(2nd/maybe 3rd)
Jonah Elliss - Utah
Mohamed Kamara - Mich St.
Chris Braswell - Bama (also STs)
Adisa Isaac - Penn St. (also DE on 3-4 under/over fronts)
Austin Booker - Kansas

RB
Will Shipley - Clemson
Braelon Allen - Wisconsin
Audric Estime - Domer

S
Tyler Nubin - Minn
Javon Bullard - Georgia
Caleb Bullock - USC

CB
Kool Aid - Bama
Max Melton - Rutgers

ILB
Payton Wilson - NC St.

K
Karty - Stanford

QB
Joe Milton - Tenn
Spencer Rattler - So Carolina

TE
Tanner McLachlan

Wild Card Pick
TE - Brock Bowers - Georgia.

There are a lot more. But didn’t want to do a top 100. I will be adding as I have time. lol

We will see if they get any of these cats.

by ramsman34
3 weeks 2 days ago

Simulator with trades. Couldn’t trade up where I wanted for what I wanted to give up. Ugh.

28. Chop Robinson Edge
29. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
30. Ricky Pearsall WR
99. Jonah Elliss Edge
154. MarShawn Lloyd RB
196. Tanner McLachlan TE
209. Fabian Lovett DT
213. Sataoa Laumea OG
217 Anim Dankwah OT
254. Joshua Karty K

2025 TB 2nd
2025 BUF 3rd